Join Us Next Week at ARIN 51
Posted: Wednesday, 12 April 2023
We’re packing our bags for Tampa, Florida, for ARIN 51! Our hybrid Public Policy and Members Meeting takes place 16-19 April 2023 at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay and virtually via Zoom. If you haven’t registered yet, it’s not too late! Visit https://arin.net/ARIN51 to get started.
What to expect at ARIN 51
The public policy portion of ARIN 51 features eight policy discussions on Monday, seven of which are Recommended Draft Policies. The policy agenda includes:
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2021-8: Deprecation of the ‘Autonomous System Originations’ Field
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-2: Remove Barrier to BGP Uptake in ASN Policy
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-4: Clean-up of NRPM Sections 2.1 and 2.2
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-5: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.11
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-8: Streamlining Section 11 Policy Language
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2022-11: Clean-up of NRPM — Introduction of Section 2.17
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update
Find the ARIN 51 Policy Discussion Guide, along with our Meeting Orientation guide, on the ARIN 51 Meeting Materials page. If you need a refresher on how our Policy Development Process works, visit https://www.arin.net/pdp or read our post on the ARIN Blog about the draft policies under discussion during ARIN 51.
Have something to say, or want more information on a subject? Join our popular Table Topics events for both virtual and in-person participants. With topics ranging from routing security and the Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM) to IPv6 and more, you’ll find something that interests you. Tampa attendees, in-person Table Topics will be held during lunch on Monday, 17 April. Virtual attendees, virtual Table Topics will be held during lunch on Tuesday, 18 April.
IPv6 Let’s Grow: Success Stories
Celebrate 25 years of production IPv6 at Virginia Tech with some of the engineers who made it happen. Hear from Virginia Tech IT staffers Scott Midkiff, Phil Benchoff, Eric Brown, and Brian Jones about their early adoption of IPv6 as well as the challenges and successes they experienced along the way.
ARIN has been publishing IPv6 success stories since 2017, and we’re bringing some of them to you. Join Matthew Wilder, Brian Jones, Brent Mc Intosh, Madhura Kale, and Ben Bittfield to learn how their organizations are continuing to grow with IPv6, what your organization can learn from their experience, and how you can take the next steps in your IPv6 journey.
How to Attend the Meeting
Each morning during the meeting, you’ll receive an email with information about that day’s session. If you’re a virtual attendee, that email will contain a link to access the Zoom meeting.
Virtual attendees will be allowed into the Zoom 15 minutes before the meeting starts so you can say hello and chat with other attendees. If you’re on location in Tampa, just take a seat before the meeting begins.
Get prepped for ARIN 51 by visiting the ARIN 51 Meeting Materials page for a sneak peek at the presentations, the Meeting Orientation handout, the Policy Discussion Guide, and more.
If you’re interested in learning more about Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) and how it can help enhance your network security, we invite you to join our ROA-thon on Sunday, 16 April, from 2:00-4:00 PM EDT at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Hosted by Brad Gorman, ARIN’s Senior Product Owner of Routing Security, ROA-thon participants will gain a clear understanding of RPKI and its purpose, identify the key components of RPKI, and create a Route Origin Authorization (ROA) in a hands-on environment. Registration for this event is required; be sure to select this option when you register for ARIN 51 or email email@example.com to reserve your spot.
Watch the sunset over Tampa Bay at the ARIN 51 Happy Hour, held Sunday, 16 April, from 6:00-7:00 PM EDT, and connect with friends and colleagues over light appetizers and drinks before the meeting begins.
ARIN 51 Evening Social
On Monday, 17 April, enjoy an evening of exclusive access to The Florida Aquarium and take in the beautiful views of Tampa Bay and the city skyline. Dinner and drinks will be served, and there may be cameo appearances from a few of the aquarium residents. Please note attendees must wear their social badge for this event.
ARIN would like to thank our webcast sponsor, Google, our network sponsor, Charter Communications, and our bronze sponsor, IPv4.Global by Hilco Streambank, for helping make ARIN 51 possible.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation at ARIN 51.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- 2023 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- » View Archive