Organization Structure & Staff
On this pageSkip to main text
ARIN is structured to operate as a service organization that is responsive to the needs of the public it serves. It is organized and driven by the users in the community and is thus able to keep in step with their requirements.
ARIN Community and Membership
Anyone with an interest in Internet number resource management in the ARIN region can be part of the ARIN community. In addition, the ARIN community specifically includes:
- Upwards of 20,000 customers and more than 6,000 member organizations
- 70+ professional staff
- The members of the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, and ARIN-region representatives to the Number Resource Organization Number Council
You do not need to be an ARIN Member to apply for resources from ARIN or to participate in ARIN’s Policy Development Process. However, to become a member, you must first hold Internet number resources from ARIN. For a complete explanation of membership, visit the Membership page.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees, elected by the ARIN membership, establishes and maintains authority over ARIN’s scope, mission, and strategic and fiscal direction. The Board also oversees committee nominations, appointments, elections, and votes on community-developed draft policies in accordance with the Policy Development Process (PDP). For the current members of the Board, links to meeting minutes, and other information, visit the Board of Trustees page.
Elected by the ARIN membership, the Advisory Council (AC) advises the Board of Trustees on Internet number resource policy and related matters and forwards Recommended Draft Policies to the Board for ratification, in adherence with the Policy Development Process (PDP). Additional information can be found on the Advisory Council page.
President & CEO
The Board of Trustees selects the President and directly determines compensation. The President:
- Acts as Chief Executive Officer
- Appoints and supervises all ARIN operational staff
- Serves on the Board of Trustees
- Acts in an advisory capacity to all other officers and trustees
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Advisory Council
- Acts as a liaison between the Board of Trustees and the Advisory Council
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer oversees and maintains the day-to-day internal operations of ARIN and facilitates coordination between all departments working closely with each department director. Additionally, the COO coordinates and oversees interdepartmental projects, is responsible for execution of ARIN’s internal program management, is primary liaison to ARIN legal counsel, and serves as chief of staff.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the integrity and reliability of all ARIN financial operations. This includes the leadership and coordination of the planning, accounting, auditing, and budgeting efforts for ARIN. In addition, the CFO monitors and reports on the overall fiduciary condition of the company and is accountable for ensuring timely financial statements and budgets for senior management, the Board of Trustees, and the membership.
Executive Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy
The Executive Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy oversees and maintains relationships with governments and key intergovernmental organizations for ARIN, working closely with the President of ARIN to accomplish the external mission, goals, and strategic plan of the company.
Deputy General Counsel
ARIN’s Deputy General Counsel oversees and monitors legal issues that may arise and works with the ARIN executive team and outside General Counsel on such issues. Additionally, the Deputy General Counsel interacts with community members and coordinates with various departments on responses to requests from members of the ARIN community that may require review from legal counsel.
Senior Director of Global Registry Knowledge
The Senior Director of Global Registry Knowledge develops and oversees an ongoing program of assessment of Internet registry data quality and integrity. The Senior Director also collects and reviews processes used to support registry integrity globally and develops recommendations for relevant process improvement within ARIN.
Director of Caribbean Affairs
The Director of Caribbean Affairs cultivates and maintains relationships with governments and Internet industry groups in the Caribbean portion of the ARIN region; and promotes participation in the policy development process by the various governments and Internet industry groups in the Caribbean portion of the ARIN region.
Chief Customer Officer
The Chief Customer Officer oversees ARIN elections, the Policy Development Process, and all aspects of customer excellence across ARIN’s service departments. The Chief Customer Officer also develops and maintains key client relationships with appropriate senior-level points of contact with ARIN customers and key Internet number resource stakeholders. The Registration Services Department reports to the Chief Customer Officer.
Senior Management and Support Staff
- Richard Jimmerson, Chief Operating Officer
- Thérèse Simcox, Senior Executive Assistant
- Brian Kirk, Chief Financial Officer
- Anne-Rachel Inné, Executive Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy
- Einar Bohlin, Government Affairs and Public Policy Analyst
- Leslie Nobile, Senior Director of Global Registry Knowledge
- John Sweeting, Chief Customer Officer
- Bevil Wooding, Director of Caribbean Affairs
- Michael Abejuela, Deputy General Counsel
- Jennifer Lee, Staff Attorney
- Erin Alligood, Director of HR and Administration
- Hollis Kara, Director of Communications
- Mark Kosters, Chief Technology Officer
- Lisa Liedel, Director of Registration Services
- Val Winkelman, Director of Financial Services
ARIN is comprised of the following departments. Descriptions and a list of staff are included below.
Engineering Department Staff
The Engineering Department is responsible for development, implementation, and support of ARIN internal systems and technical community services. The department supports all other functional departments of the organization. Engineering is also responsible for working with the other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) on various projects, as well as providing systems related support for community-based policy implementations.
Director: Mark Kosters, Chief Technology Officer
- Debra Martin, Senior Project Manager
- Sherrie Link, Project Manager (Part-Time)
- Garth Dubin, Software Engineering Manager
- Jan Blacka, Senior User Experience Specialist
- Crystal Cleaveland, Software Engineer
- Leo (Liangbo) Deng, Senior Software Engineer
- Nick Guichon, Software Engineer
- Matt Haimbach, Software Engineer
- Jesse Helfrich, User Experience Designer
- Frank Hill, Software Engineer
- Eric Parton, Software Engineer
- Bill Ponting, Senior Software Engineer
- Jasdip Singh, Senior Software Engineer
- Avneet Wadhwani, Senior Software Engineer
- Matt Rowley, Infrastructure Manager
- Steve Bambling, Systems Administrator
- Robert Bellante, Systems Administrator
- Mike Crossin, Database Systems Administrator
- David Jeffers, Database Systems Administrator
- Michael O’Neill, Senior Network Engineer
- Maureen Seiler, Software Integration (SI) Manager
- Olivia Bilby, Software Development Engineer in Test
- Jill Carlson, Senior Software Integration Analyst
- Nargiza Isaeva, Software Development Engineer in Test
- Hema Kalathur, Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Kris Langhorn, Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Anna Sargsyan, Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Liang Xu, Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
- Pete Toscano, Information Systems and Security Manager
- Octavis Jones, Support Engineer
- Frankie McDonough, Systems Administrator
- Steve Scally, Security Engineer
Office of the Chief Customer Officer
The Office of the Chief Customer Officer maintains and oversees all aspects of customer relations. By analyzing user patterns and identifying areas for improvement, the Office of the Chief Customer Officer ensures that ARIN delivers on its promise of providing the best possible customer service across its service departments. The Office of the Chief Customer Officer also oversees ARIN’s elections and Policy Development Process.
Director: John Sweeting, Chief Customer Officer
- Jason Byrne, Senior Web Content Coordinator
- Sean Hopkins, Policy Analyst
- Jonathan Worley, Technical Services Lead
Registration Services Department Staff
The Registration Services Department is responsible for the allocation and assignment of all Internet number resources within the ARIN region. The Registration Services Department reports to the Chief Customer Officer.
- IPv4, IPv6, and Autonomous System Number (ASN) registration and transfers
- Help Desk operation
- Reverse delegation registration
- Whois Directory Service
- Routing Registry Maintenance
Director: Lisa Liedel, Director of Registration Services
- Prabha Bhattarai, Customer Service Resource Analyst I
- Cathy Clements, Transfer Services Lead
- Eddie Diego, Customer Service Resource Analyst III
- Suzanne Evans, Customer Service Resource Analyst II
- Mike Pappano, Customer Service Resource Analyst III
- James Ricewick, Customer Service Resource Analyst III
- Jonathan Roberts, Customer Service Resource Analyst I
- Shawn Sullivan, Customer Service Resource Analyst II
Communications Department Staff
The Communications Department is responsible for communications and outreach to ARIN’s membership and community, including public relations, general education, and training. It is the focal point for all ARIN communications and provides support to all senior management and departments. The department also facilitates the Fellowship and Community Grant Programs, and conducts outreach events and the Public Policy and Member Meetings.
Director: Hollis Kara, Director of Communications
- Tommy Baldwin, Graphic and Digital Media Designer
- Jennifer Bly, Public Affairs Specialist
- Kerry Carmichael, Senior Technical Writer
- Melissa Goodwin, Meeting Planner
- Beverly Hicks, Training Program Coordinator
- Kim Kelly, Senior Communications Writer
- Wendy Leedy, Community Engagement Specialist
- Erin Pratt, Social Media and Content Specialist
- Mary Ryan, Meeting Planner
Human Resources and Administration Department Staff
The Human Resources and Administration Department is responsible for providing overall strategic direction for all activities related to acquiring personnel, managing employee compensation, internal company policies, administering payroll and staff benefits, employee training, office management and security, and travel administration.
Director: Erin Alligood, Director of HR and Administration
- Denise Alston, Receptionist
- Sarah Ba, Administrative Coordinator
- Lori Gheitanchi, Facilities and Administrative Coordinator
Financial Services Department Staff
The Financial Services Department is responsible for accounting, billing, budget management, contract administration, and the legal affairs of ARIN.
Chief Financial Officer: Brian Kirk
Director: Val Winkelman, Director of Financial Services
- Tammy Rowe, Accounts Receivable Manager
- Tanya Gomez, Senior Account Service Representative
- Cathleen Mohn, Account Service Representative
- Amy Sanchez, Senior Account Service Representative
- Amaris Wang, Senior Collection Specialist