Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual, and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
Located in Chantilly, VA, ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training, and education reimbursement. In lieu of stock options (we are a non-profit, membership association), we have a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
In 2017, ARIN was named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Apply: To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to provide overall support to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This includes support for the Board of Trustees and Executives in their performance of tasks in direct support of the Board, such as strategic workshops and business meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and manage the executive meeting calendar throughout the year; and perform associated administrative tasks.
- Conduct continuous task monitoring for all COO, CFO, and Board-related deliverables.
- Support creation of meeting(s) timeline, preparation and distribution of meeting notifications, correspondence, and agenda materials and serve as a backup to a Senior Executive Assistant for this task.
- Attend Board and Committee meetings to take minutes. Coordinate review of minutes.
- Maintain Board information repository/wiki, mailing list administration, and ensure Board content on the company website stays current.
- Monitor Board budget for their travel and continuing education courses.
- Provide Board travel support, including booking of flights and hotels.
- Create and edit mailings, information briefings, and other materials for Board members and Executive team members in their performance of tasks on behalf of the Board.
- Mail, track, and follow up on the annual conflict of interest disclosure for Board members in support of the General Counsel.
- Maintain follow-up action list for all Board-related items and communicate deliverables to staff team members, as appropriate.
- Schedule and coordinate the in-person meetings for the Board. Coordinate hotel reservation needs. Ensure that all meeting details (equipment, teleconferencing, catering, and dining reservations) are complete and closely monitored for successful execution through completion.
- Ensure compliance with approved procedures regarding on-boarding and off-boarding of Board members.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality in performance of Board and Executive work.
- Continual exposure to new tasks.
- Work environment is fast-paced where work interruptions may be frequent.
- Low tolerance for errors.
- Standard work week is 40 hours. There may be time constraints that create the need for a flexible schedule during certain time periods, such as Board meeting weeks.
- Office located in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Travel to off-site locations within North America and the Caribbean 4-6 times per year in support of Board meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have 5+ years experience supporting Board or similar executive groups.
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible, and proactive.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to interface well and collaborate with all departments in the performance of the listed duties and to represent ARIN in a highly professional manner. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be pro-active and be able to work independently with minimal supervision and oversight. Ability to manage a widely varying workload. Ability to adapt to changing work priorities and adjust accordingly.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience in taking minutes for executive-level meetings.
- Familiarity with teleconferencing.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, on Mac and/or PC; Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and editing skills.
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel when required.