Current Job Openings at ARIN
On this pageSkip to main text
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual, and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training, and education. In lieu of stock options (we are a non-profit, membership association), we have a generous 401(k) retirement plan. Eligible employees received a 14% fully-vested employer match in 2013 through 2018.
In 2017, ARIN was named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Facilities and Administrative Coordinator
To apply for this opening, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please note that this is an in-house position - no full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Facilities and Administrative Coordinator to provide administrative support to include facility activities and travel. The Facilities and Administrative Coordinator will assist in managing facility items and make travel arrangements for ARIN’s general staff.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support for the HR and Administrative Department.
- Manage facility repairs and general maintenance, coordinate as needed on these activities with the Director of HR and Administration.
- Work with travel agent to book flights for staff. Secure travel and hotel arrangements for travelers as requested. Coordinate travel arrangements with other Administrative Coordinator when necessary, and provide backup support for other travel needs. Provide input for updating travel policies.
- Coordinate processing visa applications, assist with passport matters, and obtain information about health recommendations for overseas travel.
- Maintain staff travel log in Microsoft Excel, keeping it current for the teams and work with the other Administrative Coordinator on the executive travel log. Maintain travel files for general staff.
- Assist in review of corporate credit card statements.
- Work directly with Receptionist to confirm Intranet Calendar details to include travel dates and all meetings, conferences, trade shows, etc.; and add to the Intranet Calendar where necessary.
- Assist Director, HR and Administration with other items as needed.
- Provide backup support to the other Administrator Coordinator and Receptionist. Perform basic administrative and customer service duties during absences of the other Administrative Coordinator and/or Receptionist, to include greeting visitors to the office, receiving and distributing all mail, FedEx, and other daily deliveries and answering the general phone line and retrieving and responding to voice mails left in this mail box.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Background / Skills Required
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an administrative assistant or equivalent.
- Ability to interface well and collaboratively with all departments in the performance of the listed duties and to represent ARIN in a highly professional manner. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Detail oriented, extremely organized, and pro-active. Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Ability to work independently, and manage a widely varying workload. Ability to provide excellent customer service to all ARIN employees.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
- Ability to adapt to changing work priorities and adjust accordingly.
- Dependability with a proven excellent attendance record.
Background / Skills Preferred
- Two or four-year degree in business desirable.
- Experience in booking travel, facilities, and event planning preferred.
Financial Customer Service Representative
To apply for this opening, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position - no full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided. All qualified candidates must send a cover letter and resume in order to be considered.
ARIN is seeking an entry to mid-level Customer Service Representative to assist with Billing, Collection, and Customer Agreement retention in our Accounts Receivable Department. We are looking for a candidate to join and grow with our team. You will learn all aspects of department functions; serving as a primary backup in collections, invoicing/billing, and payment processing. We encourage you to apply; provide both a resume and cover letter with insight of your short- and long-term employment goals.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Accounting clerical duties such as filing, scanning, and collection correspondence
- May include but not exclusive to customer agreement processing, invoicing, apply and balance daily cash, and collections
- Adhere to procedure guidelines when interacting with customers and ensure account security
- Communications and Customer Service – high volume of customer interactions both verbal and written; includes phone (help desk queue), email, letter, and/or fax
- Data entry
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and fellow team members on work status and any issues with customers
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Occasionally participates in inter-departmental project work
- Other duties and assignments which the company deems appropriate
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/billing experience a plus
- Customer service with phone/help desk experience
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
- Acclimate to quiet and peaceful work environment
- Commitment to exemplary customer service and communications
- Can-do attitude
- Dependability with an excellent attendance record
- Organized and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft office suites, primarily in Excel and Word
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Customer service training and general business courses
- Two year degree in accounting or business desirable
Software Development Engineer
Apply: To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently looking for a senior to mid-level Software Development Engineer to join our engineering team. If you are interested in participating in the full life cycle of software development while supporting the functionality and mission of an organization that helps the Internet grow, we want to talk to you!
This position will primarily focus on research, design, development, testing, debugging, maintenance, and documentation of ARIN’s internal as well as customer-facing systems and services.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Design: Help us research, design, and develop software systems to meet our users’ needs for easy management of their data.
We create our software using these languages:
Our web-based systems use modern web technologies such as:
- Web Assembly
Our application provides an API for external, third-party systems and software, which you’ll help develop.
Test: To provide the best user experience, we extensively test and debug our software. As a developer, you’ll also support Quality Assurance (QA) efforts.
Manage: We are dedicated to solid configuration management.
You’ll be using these tools in a Linux environment:
You’ll also help provide packaged releases for all application releases and bug fixes.
We manage lots of information, and you’ll be working with ARIN databases in PostreSQL and MariaDB. Some of the things we do include modifying data, performing statistical analysis, and ensuring database integrity. You will also help develop proposed relational database schemas to support application development.
Collaborate: You’ll participate in a scrum-based Agile software development process and present results of individual and team work to supervisors and product owners on a regular basis.
This will include:
- Participating in the requirements-gathering process.
- Producing, contributing to, and/or reviewing project specifications, design documents, flowcharts, and diagrams.
- Analyzing software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consulting with customers concerning requirements, enhancements, and operation of systems.
- Consulting with system operations and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Participating in code reviews of own and others’ software.
Innovate: You’ll research, recommend, and make changes to improve systems and/or database performance.
And of course, there will be other related duties as required and assigned.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A 4-year college degree, preferably in an information systems or computer science-related discipline OR equivalent work experience.
- Seven or more years job-related experience, including functional programming techniques, object-oriented techniques, structured analysis and design, and application troubleshooting and support.
- Experience with client/server network programming (TCP/IP and UDP).
- Demonstrated proficiency in dealing with such issues as multithreading, non-blocking, and asynchronous I/O.
- Experience and knowledge of REST based systems.
- Experience and knowledge of systems configuration management such as Ansible or Puppet and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MariaDB and PostgreSQL
- The ability to understand complex instructions and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
And it would be awesome if you had:
- Familiarity with IPv4, IPv6, PKI, RPKI, Whois, RDAP, RPSL, DNS, routing and networking issues, and protocols.
- Experience with and knowledge of Kotlin, Gradle, Angular, and/or React.