Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual, and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training, and education. In lieu of stock options (we are a non-profit, membership association), we have a generous 401(k) retirement plan. Eligible employees received a 14% fully-vested employer match in 2013 through 2018.
In 2017, ARIN was named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Training Program Coordinator
To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
ARIN is seeking a Training Program Coordinator who will will be responsible for the organization, development, and maintenance of ARIN’s training program. This position will also oversee the creation of these deliverables utilizing training development methodologies, video, audio, and other technologies and ensure the effectiveness of these deliverables through monitoring and documentation. Delivery of this training will be handled by other individuals, to include subject matter experts and designated select ARIN staff.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Identifies performance/behavior gaps, makes recommendations, and provides solutions in order to develop and maintain the training program.
- Design and develop trainings, communications, videos, and other content.
- Research and produce timely, relevant and cost-effective content in accordance with program objectives and in line with current adult-learning models.
- Work closely with subject matter experts, both internally and externally, to develop the content, noting that these individuals may also “deliver” some of the training.
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines. Track program development life cycles; ensuring that any problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly.
- Develop and implement plans and procedures to collect all requisite documentation to evaluate and ensure training effectiveness and demonstrate return on investment (ROI).
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues in order to ensure quality, timelines, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction for all deliverables.
- Establish a process to review and include feedback from the community on our training library in order to identify new topics and potential improvements.
- Work collaboratively across functional areas to manage and coordinate program launches.
- Learn about and stay current on ARIN services and activities in order to contribute new ideas with regard to new training opportunities.
- Specific projects as assigned by the Communications Manager.
- Ability to travel to various locations to attend ARIN meetings and possibly industry-related conferences.
Background / Skills Required
- Demonstrated experience developing training in multiple modalities including but not limited to webinar, web-based training (WBT), face-to-face, and blended models.
- Demonstrated experience in writing training materials, technical documentation, web content or writing in a business/technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts, processes, software, or information quickly, and translate that into usable, understandable instructions.
- Outstanding, effective, and concise written and oral communication - Must be able to adapt writing style as required by the situation and subject matter.
- Strong interpersonal skills - Must have the ability to work independently and as part of collaborative, inter-departmental teams.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter who is detail-oriented and extremely organized. Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Must have excellent time management and project planning experience. Ability to keep projects on schedule by coordinating with colleagues across the organization.
- Experience in creating training content or courses, capturing screen demonstrations, video editing, learning styles using current technologies.
- Ability to grasp technical and operational concepts quickly, particularly related to the operation of the Internet and Regional Internet Registries.
- Ability to gather requirements or work with Subject Matter Experts to document processes, steps and procedures in a clear understandable way.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required, and experience with major desktop publishing and/or website management tools is preferred.
- Outside the box thinking, creativity, grasp of IT concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience - minimum of three years proven experience in training development.
Background / Skills Preferred
- Hold a Master’s degree or post-graduate certificate in instructional design, adult-learning theory or a related field.
- 3+ years working with the ADDIE model as well as rapid development protocols.
- Basic knowledge of any of the following tools: Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Whiteboard Animation, or graphic video creation applications, as well as GoToWebinar or similar online tools.
- Experience developing and delivering a training program from the ground up.
- Prior experience in an association or nonprofit environment, or with an Internet Service Provider in the area of training, communications or marketing.
- Prior experience or basic working knowledge of Internet Protocol networking a plus.
Chief Financial Officer
To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will be accountable for the overall financial integrity and reliability of financial and operating results of ARIN. The CFO will also provide leadership and coordination in the planning, accounting, auditing, and budgeting efforts for ARIN. In addition, the CFO will be responsible for reporting and monitoring the overall fiduciary condition of the company and will be accountable for ensuring timely financial statements and budgets for senior management, the Board of Trustees, and the membership. This position will be accountable for the daily cash flow, investments, and bank accounts, while ensuring that these functions are performed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Additionally, the CFO will provide strategic direction of accounting and finance functions at ARIN.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Responsible for revenue and expense projections for Management and Board information on possible future scenarios. Develops and delivers presentations on the fiscal condition to both Board and Membership.
- Develops and establishes processes to ensure compliance with all financial and internal controls.
- Oversees the billing and accounts payable and receivables functions, helpdesk, and the collection of overdue accounts. Oversees the preparation of budget analyses. Oversees the tax collection and reporting to both state and federal government entities. Ensures monitoring of payment of fees in conjunction with the allocation of IP address space.
- Works in conjunction with Chief Operating Officer (COO) in regards to day-to-day operations as appropriate.
- Hires, trains, and manages department staff. Assesses and develops staff members on an ongoing basis to provide continuity of managerial and specialized skills. Performs formal and informal performance discussions for all direct reports, including 90-day review after hiring, 6 month informal reviews and annual reviews.
- Works in coordination with the other RIR’s CFOs to manage the financing of NRO activities, to include the ICANN contribution from the NRO.
- Set in place a plan for succession management – short-term and long-term. Identify and mentor staff members with potential for promotion and future leadership position. Evaluate plan on an annual basis.
- Participate in the development and planning of ARIN’s annual operating plan for presentation to the Board. Drive the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational budgets, exercising fiduciary control and responsibility. Determine the strategic direction of the Financial Services Department in conjunction with the overall company strategic and operating plan, and produce an annual work plan, that includes implementation of relevant strategic and operating objectives.
- Adhere to company ethics policy. Set standard of ethical conduct for department staff by exhibiting high ethical principles at all times. Immediately report any incidents of unethical behavior or possible fraud to the President/CEO or the Chair of the Board. Provide a written quarterly statement of any such activities.
- Liaison with the accounting software consultants, evaluating and improving the various functions of ARIN’s internal financial system.
- Prepares and delivers financial reports to department directors, budget verses actual.
- Responsible for year-end closing of the company books.
- Manage ARIN’s annual audit and act as the liaison to auditors. Maintain working relationship with the audit partner. Report audit findings to the ARIN Management Team.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Coordinate and work closely with the ARIN staff on projects.
- Ability to travel to various locations to attend Board meetings, ARIN meetings, and possibly industry related conferences.
Background / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business OR equivalent work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- 8-10 years of experience in a senior financial and accounting management role with a proven ability to manage organizational finances and organizational operations with annual budgets exceeding $20M.
- Minimum of three years management experience; and proven ability to effectively manage employees.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, written, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills. Ability to make effective decisions.
- Strong computer skills. Up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Ability to design, critique, and improve financial and other organizational processes.
Background / Skills Preferred
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Not-for-profit work experience.
Software Development Engineer
Apply: To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently looking for a senior to mid-level Software Development Engineer to join our engineering team. If you are interested in participating in the full life cycle of software development while supporting the functionality and mission of an organization that helps the Internet grow, we want to talk to you!
This position will primarily focus on research, design, development, testing, debugging, maintenance, and documentation of ARIN’s internal as well as customer-facing systems and services.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Design: Help us research, design, and develop software systems to meet our users’ needs for easy management of their data.
We create our software using these languages:
Our web-based systems use modern web technologies such as:
- Web Assembly
Our application provides an API for external, third-party systems and software, which you’ll help develop.
Test: To provide the best user experience, we extensively test and debug our software. As a developer, you’ll also support Quality Assurance (QA) efforts.
Manage: We are dedicated to solid configuration management.
You’ll be using these tools in a Linux environment:
You’ll also help provide packaged releases for all application releases and bug fixes.
We manage lots of information, and you’ll be working with ARIN databases in PostreSQL and MariaDB. Some of the things we do include modifying data, performing statistical analysis, and ensuring database integrity. You will also help develop proposed relational database schemas to support application development.
Collaborate: You’ll participate in a scrum-based Agile software development process and present results of individual and team work to supervisors and product owners on a regular basis.
This will include:
- Participating in the requirements-gathering process.
- Producing, contributing to, and/or reviewing project specifications, design documents, flowcharts, and diagrams.
- Analyzing software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consulting with customers concerning requirements, enhancements, and operation of systems.
- Consulting with system operations and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Participating in code reviews of own and others’ software.
Innovate: You’ll research, recommend, and make changes to improve systems and/or database performance.
And of course, there will be other related duties as required and assigned.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- A 4-year college degree, preferably in an information systems or computer science-related discipline OR equivalent work experience.
- Seven or more years job-related experience, including functional programming techniques, object-oriented techniques, structured analysis and design, and application troubleshooting and support.
- Experience with client/server network programming (TCP/IP and UDP).
- Demonstrated proficiency in dealing with such issues as multithreading, non-blocking, and asynchronous I/O.
- Experience and knowledge of REST based systems.
- Experience and knowledge of systems configuration management such as Ansible or Puppet and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MariaDB and PostgreSQL
- The ability to understand complex instructions and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
And it would be awesome if you had:
- Familiarity with IPv4, IPv6, PKI, RPKI, Whois, RDAP, RPSL, DNS, routing and networking issues, and protocols.
- Experience with and knowledge of Kotlin, Gradle, Angular, and/or React.