Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual, and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
Located in Chantilly, VA, ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training, and education reimbursement. In lieu of stock options (we are a non-profit, membership association), we have a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
In 2017, ARIN was named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Apply: To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable, fixed assets, and other general ledger accounting transactions. The Senior Accountant will also assist the Accounting Manager in the execution of accounting and financial policies and the preparation of financial statements, budgets, and other financial reports. The Senior Accountant will perform these functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Oversee the day-to-day operations of purchasing, accounts payable, fixed assets and other general ledger accounting transactions.
- Process all accounts payable transactions
- Monitor employee expense reports and ensure accuracy of posting of expenses to the general ledger
- Coordinate the credit card payment processing taking the role of liaison with the processor
- Review bi-weekly payroll edits and prepare payroll general ledger journal entries
- Process and maintain assets in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger (additions, deletions, depreciation) and preparation of all fixed asset related journal entries
- Update the monthly billing and deferred revenue schedules and accurate posting of revenues to the general ledger
- Update the monthly investment fund schedules and post monthly investment fund performance to the general ledger
- Assist accounting manager with the month-end closing process and the preparation of financial statements
- Update monthly audit workbook schedules
- Assists accounting manager with schedules and information to support the annual audit of the financial statements
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and staff on work status and any issues with customers
- Other duties and assignments which ARIN deems appropriate
Background / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance OR equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Must be a strong team player
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Background / Skills Preferred
- Five years of accounting experience
- MS Power BI or similar data/information tool
- CPA or CPA candidate
Senior Communications Writer
Apply: To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Senior Communications Writer responsible for producing clear and concise content and copy for the ARIN website, as well as other documentation and messaging. This position will also serve as integral team member contributing to the development of new member services and products.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- With the Senior Technical Writer, lead the development, production, and editing of documentation; including educational and technical documentation (web content and print) and other internal and external communications support.
- Write/proofread/edit (both style and content editing) blogs; training and outreach content; educational content; content related to Internet number resource policy; ARIN Election-related content; and meeting-related communications that go out through Swoogo, ARIN’s event management system.
- With the Senior Technical Writer, lead the website editorial process, including completing update requests from other teams outside of Communications.
- Lead the production and publishing of ARIN’s Public Policy and Members Meeting Reports twice per year.
- Oversee the production and publication of the organization’s Annual Report each year. This includes working closely with Subject Matter Expert (SME) contributors and coordinating editorial reviews.
- Produce announcements for the membership and general community, occasionally fielding requests from other departments to draft announcements for them.
- Work closely with other staff (SMEs) in writing, reviewing, and maintaining documentation.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and the rest of the Communications team to ensure content is accurate and up to date across all platforms and distribution channels.
- Perform other tasks as required to fulfill the objectives of ARIN in general and the Communications team in particular. This includes providing writing and editing support for new programs and initiatives.
- Learn about and stay current on ARIN activities in order to contribute new ideas with regard to needed documentation.
- Specific projects as assigned by the Director of Communications.
- Perform routine content maintenance and updates on the website.
- Provide design input on new projects, including creating basic graphics, videos, and layouts as needed.
- Ability to travel to various locations to attend ARIN meetings and possibly industry-related conferences.
- Outstanding, effective, and concise written and oral communication - must be able to adapt writing style as required by the situation and subject matter.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must have the ability to work independently and as part of collaborative, inter-departmental teams.
- Must be proactive and a self-starter who is detail-oriented and extremely organized. Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Must have excellent time management and project planning experience. Ability to keep projects on schedule by coordinating with colleagues across the organization.
- Ability to manage a widely varying workload, and flexibility to adapt to changing needs, multiple priorities, and short deadlines.
- Ability to grasp technical and operational concepts quickly, particularly related to the operation of the Internet and Regional Internet Registries.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required, and experience with major desktop publishing and/or website management tools is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years proven experience in business writing OR equivalent overall work experience.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience with writing content for the web; familiarity with best practices for content optimization and SEO.
- Prior experience in an association or nonprofit environment, or with an Internet Service Provider in the area of communication or marketing.
- Web publishing skills; experience with HTML and Markdown preferred.