Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual, and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training, and education. In lieu of stock options (we are a non-profit, membership association), we have a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
In 2017, ARIN was named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Apply: To apply for this opening, please email your resume to email@example.com. Please note that this is an in-house position. No full-time telecommuters, no consultants. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Controller to be responsible for reporting and monitoring the overall fiduciary condition of the company. The Controller will produce financial statements and budgets for senior management, the Board of Trustees, and the membership. This position will also be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of transactions and collection of financial data. In addition, the Controller will oversee the daily cash flow, investments, and bank accounts; and perform these functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is also responsible for accounts payable function. Acting in this role, the Controller will formulate and analyze financial and statistical data; and will be responsible for ensuring that ARIN’s financial records are complete and up-to-date.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution of accounting and financial policies, procedures and practices. Maintains accurate books and records of the organization’s financial transactions. Works with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in organizing, implementing, directing and evaluating the organization’s fiscal function and performance. Consult with CFO in regards to day-to-day operations as appropriate.
- Participates in the preparation of revenue and expense projections for Management and Board and provides information on possible future scenarios. Participates in the development of presentations for President/CEO, Chief Operating Officer (COO), and CFO to present on the fiscal condition to both Board and Membership.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash receipts, and fixed assets. Monitor accounts payable and coordinate the payment of standard monthly invoices and special purchases. Audit employee expenses to ensure compliance with corporate policy before paying.
- Oversees the billing and receivables functions, helpdesk, and the collection of overdue accounts. Insures that revenues are recorded in compliance with GAAP.
- Responsible for the design and execution of efficient and effective accounts payable function(s). Keep the organization’s accounts up-to-date and accurate. Process all accounts payable for the organization, including producing standard monthly and quarterly payments and generating non-standard payments. Follow procedures to ensure that payments have been properly authorized.
- Responsible for correct tax collection and reporting to both state and federal government entities.
- Monitors the payment of fees in conjunction with the allocation of IP address space.
- Monitors daily cash flow and prepares quarterly cash flow projections.
- Works in coordination with the other RIR’s finance teams to manage the funding of NRO activities, to include the ICANN contribution from the NRO.
- Adhere to company ethics policy. Set standard of ethical conduct for department staff by exhibiting high ethical principles at all times. Report any incidents of unethical behavior or possible fraud to the Director of HR and Administration, the COO, or the President/CEO. Provide a written quarterly statement of any such activities.
- Completes the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process the deferred revenue recognition schedule and other schedules for financial reporting.
- Administers the purchasing function. Coordinates purchasing for the company, working with all departments and the executive team to make and track purchases.
- Tracks fixed assets, including updating equipment and furniture inventories.
- Responsible for maintaining the accounting system software. Liaison with the accounting software consultants, evaluating and improving the various functions of our internal financial system.
- Communicate with ARIN vendors, answering questions and addressing concerns and issues.
- Participates in the development of the annual ARIN budget. Works with other FSD resources, senior management and department directors to obtain relevant information for the preparation of budget and related supporting schedules.
- Prepare and deliver financial reports to department directors. Reports include, but are not limited to, monthly analysis of performance against budget.
- Prepares and enters all journal entries in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains an accurate trial balance and is responsible for monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the company books.
- Manage ARIN’s annual audit and act as the liaison to auditors. Report audit findings to the COO and Management Team.
- Operate as backup to Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Coordinate and work closely with the ARIN Staff on projects.
- Assist Accounts Receivable Manager with collection of maintenance accounts.
- Ability to travel to various locations to attend ARIN meetings and possibly industry related conferences.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Background / Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business OR equivalent work experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification.
- 8-10 years of experience in financial and accounting management with increasing responsibilities for multi-faceted direction and planning.
- Ability to analyze numbers and use financial acumen to make projections and produce budgets.
- Ability to be very flexible, multi-task and juggle priorities on a constantly changing basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and details.
- Experience with purchasing and negotiating.
- Highly skilled in financial and accountingly software tools. Expert in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs.
Background / Skills Preferred
- Experience implementing accounting software solutions.
- Not-for-profit work experience.