Current Job Openings at ARIN
Employees describe ARIN as offering a supportive, casual, and flexible work environment that provides an atmosphere of continuous learning while being responsive to the community we serve.
Located in Chantilly, VA, ARIN offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, training, and education reimbursement. In lieu of stock options (we are a non-profit, membership association), we have a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
In 2017, ARIN was named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post.
Business Process Manager
Apply: To apply for this opening, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be designated under a hybrid work schedule and will be required to periodically work in the office. Please note that this is an in-house position. Relocation not provided.
We are currently seeking a Business Process Manager who will work with our Office of the Chief Customer Officer to lead the architecture and development of business processes in order to increase efficiency in supporting ARIN strategic objectives. This role will work and collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to standardize and improve both internal support operations and more direct customer support processes.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Design and oversee an internal audit program to ensure controls are in place for 100% compliant asset management for ARIN managed number resources. This will include the identification, creation and maintenance of all supporting policies, processes, tools and mitigation strategies for fraud and audit reporting for day-to-day operations. This will include regular executive and Board level reporting.
- Define and map the business architecture against strategic goals. Document current processes, identify the gaps against best practices and provide actionable recommendations for closing those gaps over time.
- Leverage industry techniques such as value stream mapping to identify the true cost of existing business processes. Use results to prioritize and provide business case justification to proposed changes and resulting requirements.
- Leverage Lean Six Sigma principles to identify and eliminate process waste. Identify cost-based process impacts to enable better decisions and prioritization for process changes and/or functional requirements. Ability to lead and support process improvement projects, Value Stream Analysis, and Kaizen. Enable cost recovery for targeted processes using data-driven process mapping and analysis.
- Lead meetings, process discovery exercises, and ensure projects are meeting requirements and schedules.
- Facilitate focus group meetings with various levels of stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of business process mapping and implementation strategy development.
- Conduct in-depth stakeholder analysis and pre- and post-process walk throughs. Identify training and procedural requirements and work with supporting teams to coordinate prior to process deployments.
- Provide advice concerning strategic direction and applicability of proposed solutions.
- Provide interpretation and insights regarding current and / or future structure and behavior of ARIN’s organizational processes, systems, personnel, and organizational sub-units so that they might better align with the organization’s core goals and strategic direction.
- Participate as needed in scrums for the purpose of process execution for tools-based requirements.
- Adhere to company ethics policy. Set standard of ethical conduct by always exhibiting high ethical principles. Report any incidents of unethical behavior or possible fraud to the Director of HR and Administration, the CCO, or the President/CEO.
- Ability and willingness to travel in accordance with ARIN travel guidelines. Travel may be as much as 10% of the work year.
- Perform special project work as directed by CCO Office leadership.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area OR equivalent work experience.
- Successful candidate will have at least 10-15 years professional experience, including at least 7 years of experience in policy/process development, quality planning, continual improvement, audit and compliance, business analysis, or technical writing/training.
- Use of industry techniques such as business process modeling, Lean Six Sigma, BPMN and other quality driven principles and techniques.
- In addition, the candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision; have excellent written and verbal communications skills; have excellent interpersonal skills; be able and willing to interact extensively with coworkers at all levels across all groups within the company; be a flexible team player; have superb attention to detail and a devotion to quality; have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; be highly organized, analytical, and logical; have an exemplary customer-oriented attitude; and have excellent problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Varied experience across multiple industries and disciplines. Ex. operations, engineering, customer service and related CRM functions and tools. Management level with prior strategic development responsibilities a plus.
- Ability to enable decision making by collaborating with key stakeholders to deliver results.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, influencing, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text).
- Experience and/or training and certifications with the following: industry-standard quality/process management models such as ITIL, eTOM, ISO 9000, TQM, Lean Six Sigma, Statistical Modeling techniques, etc., and process/system engineering modeling languages such as BPMN, etc.
- ASQ membership and associated training and certifications.
- Lean Six Sigma Certifications (Green and/or Black Belt).
- Knowledge and experience with DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, control) and DMADV (define, measure, analyze, design, and verify).
- 10+ years previous technical lead and/or project management experience