New Policy Development Process Now Implemented
Posted: Monday, 01 May 2023
From 6 September to 6 October 2022, ARIN conducted a community consultation regarding the proposed updated Policy Development Process (PDP) for policy development in the ARIN region.
At its meeting on 19 December 2022, the Board of Trustees adopted the Advisory Council’s recommended revision to the PDP.
As of 1 May 2023, this revision has now been implemented. All draft policies have been transitioned to the new PDP.
The following seven Recommended Draft Policies were presented at ARIN 51 and are currently in last call. The community is welcome to provide feedback on these policies via the Public Policy Mailing List.
- ARIN-2021-8: Deprecation of the ‘Autonomous System Originations’ Field
- ARIN-2022-2: Remove Barrier to BGP Uptake in ASN Policy
- ARIN-2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5
- ARIN-2022-4: Clean-up of NRPM Sections 2.1 and 2.2
- ARIN-2022-5: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.11
- ARIN-2022-8: Streamlining Section 11 Policy Language
- ARIN-2022-11: Clean-up of NRPM – Introduction of Section 2.17
The following draft policy was presented at ARIN 51, and remains on the Advisory Council’s docket:
ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update
For details on the revision and associated consultation (2022.6), visit:
The current ARIN Policy Development Process can be found at:
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Don’t Forget – The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- Now Closed – Consultation on RPKI/IRR
- New ARIN Fee Schedule to Be Implemented on 1 January 2024
- NRPM 2023.2 - New Policies Implemented
- The 2023 Slate of Candidates for ARIN Elections
- Congratulations to the ARIN 52 Selected Fellows
- RPKI/IRR Consultation Extended Until 20 September
- Congratulations to the 2023 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- ARIN on the Road Is Headed to Rochester, NY!
- RPKI/IRR Consultation Reminder and Update
- » View Archive