Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest Requirements
The ARIN Board of Trustees passed the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List below in accordance with (Bylaws, ArticleVIII, Section 1.b). The following conflicts of interest may disqualify persons interested in candidacy for the ARIN Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC), or ARIN representation to other outside organizations.
This list of possible conflicts of interest shall remain in force until superseded by future amendments by the ARIN Board of Trustees.
The roles covered by this set of conflict of interest rules are:
- Member of the ARIN Board of Trustees
- Member of the ARIN Advisory Council
- Member of the NRO Number Council
Individuals are disqualified from candidacy if they are currently:
- ARIN Staff, except the President acting in that capacity
- Serving on the governing Board of another Regional Internet Registry (RIR)
- Serving as one of the representatives to the NRO NC from another RIR
- A member of the staff of another RIR
- A member of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) staff or serving on its Board of Directors
Additional Conflict of Interest Rules
- An individual may not serve in more than one of the covered roles at the same time.
- An individual may not run for election to more than one covered role at the same time.
- An individual currently serving in one of the covered roles with remaining time on their term who wishes to run for election to another covered role must agree to resign from their current role upon election to the new role.
- An individual serving as a member of a Nomination Committee for a covered role may not run for election to the role for which the Committee was created.
ARIN Election Processes
- ARIN Election - Nominee Questionnaires
- Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest Requirements
- Voting FAQs
- Nomination Committee FAQs