Email Template Retirement Scheduled for 3 June 2024
Posted: Thursday, 11 January 2024
Effective 3 June 2024, ARIN will be retiring SWIP email templates for reporting reallocations and reassignments as described in the community Consultation conducted in November of 2023.
Staff conducted analysis of email template usage and determined that this change will impact less than 75 organizations, and we will be working with these customers directly to guide them through this transition.
We recognize that this presents a meaningful change for users, and ARIN has completed two major improvements to ease the impact prior to retiring the template processor:
- Published an open-source template processor through GitHub on 31 October 2023 that can convert email templates to REST calls that can be received by Reg-RWS. This template processor is a self-contained product that customers may run within their network to process templates. This is meant as a stopgap solution and, once released, will not be maintained, or supported. If customers wish to use this product beyond its initial release, they will be able to fork the repository and maintain it as their needs require.
- Deployed updates to ARIN Online on 7 August 2023 to provide feature parity with the existing template processor for reassignments.
We will continue to engage with customers who use email templates to educate them on alternative options and assist with their direct transition to our Restful API, Reg-RWS.
If you have questions about this transition or need assistance, you can contact us by:
- submitting an Ask ARIN ticket or chat with us using your ARIN Online account, or
- contacting the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on RPKI/BGP Intelligence
- Congratulations to the ARIN 53 Selected Fellows
- Reclassification of Inactive General Members Completed 30 January 2024
- ARIN 53 Registration Now Open
- Email Template Retirement Scheduled for 3 June 2024
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Meet the 2024 Fellowship Selection Committee
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- » View Archive