Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
Posted: Monday, 13 February 2023
ARIN is seeking feedback from the community on open suggestion ACSP 2022.10 to provide announcements and policy documents, such as the Policy Development Process (PDP) and Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM), in Spanish and French. The aim of the suggestion is to encourage greater participation and discussion from non-native English speaking members of our community.
ARIN has investigated various options for implementing the suggestion to provide content in Spanish and French, including using translation service products and the necessary website setup and maintenance. We noted that ARIN lacks the ability to verify the accuracy of these products and discovered that there are publicly available tools that allow users to translate content as needed.
In 2022 ARIN conducted a survey with our community on what was most important for ARIN to focus on providing. According to the results of the 2022 Prioritization Survey, the suggestion for multi-lingual versions of the PDP and NRPM received the lowest rating among all suggestions ranked.
We are now gathering final input from the community on this specific issue: should ARIN provide multi-lingual support for these documents (recognizing the associated cost and limitations in verification of the translations), or instead direct users to generate their own translations as necessary?
Please provide comments to email@example.com. You can subscribe to this mailing list at https://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult.
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 24 February 2023. ARIN seeks clear direction through community input, so your feedback is important.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Results of Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
- Results of Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options in ARIN Online
- Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending 31 December 2023
- Congratulations to the ARIN 51 Selected Fellows
- NRPM 2023.1 - New Policies Implemented
- Now Closed – Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- LRSA Information for Governmental Entities/Institutions
- Bram Abramson Resigns from ARIN Board of Trustees
- Now Closed – Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online
- » View Archive