Green Initiatives at ARIN
Starting in 2009 as an ARIN Board of Trustees initiative, we began looking for ways to become a “greener” organization. We developed specific goals to minimize our waste, maximize our usage of reusable resources, and reduce our carbon footprint.
To date, we have undertaken the following:
- Stepped up our commitment to recycling aluminum cans, cardboard, and plastic containers in our offices.
- Replaced paper cups with ceramic mugs and replaced plastic eating utensils with reusable silverware to reduce landfill waste.
- We have reduced our reliance on printed materials for Outreach events and Public Policy and Member Meetings by relying on more modern solutions, including QR codes and mobile-friendly meeting websites.
- We have significantly reduced the use of paper inside the organization and have digitized nearly all of our internal document handling.
- All company airline travel is coupled with the purchase of Travel Carbon Offsets dating back to 2009.
- Availability of hybrid/electric car charging stations at our office building.
Carbon Offsets for ARIN Travel
In addition, several of our staff members have switched to driving hybrid vehicles or cycling for commuting needs.
ARIN is pleased to be making strides with our green initiatives, and we will continue to seek new ways to reduce our carbon footprint while continuing to implement the programs we already have in place. Together we believe that green thinking and doing can make a difference.