Author: Tom Jones
Submitted On: 17 July 2019
Description: IPAM ( a downloadable IPAM IPv4 & IPv6 system for ISPs)
An IPAM that an ISP can use to document SuperNets and nested Subnets and Pools and prefixes and what IPs are assigned/allocated to each IPS's customers.
Value to Community: An (ARIN sponsored) IPAM downloadable database system would be a huge benefit to ISPs for the following reasons:
- Document SuperNets
- Document Subnets (and nested Subnets of Subnets)
- Document IP pools to customers and ISP infrastructure networks
- OnLine sofrware upgradable
- ISP private use of the ISPs IP configuration and IP use
- Contain pre-defined ARIN fields (ASNs, Net Handles , Net Ranges) and other useful ARIN fields in the IPAM
- Report generation (useful when working with ARIN)
- Such an IPAM is much needed and wanted
Timeframe: Not specified
Updated: 29 July 2019
29 July 2019
Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2019.16 upon confirmed receipt, asking that ARIN sponsor an IPAM system for ARIN registrants. There are commercially available address management products, as well as open source options, available that may suit your needs. We provide a page with related information for ARIN registrants who are seeking IPAM products at following URL. We are happy to include additional IPAM vendors on this page, at their request.
ARIN currently has no plans to create an IPAM product. For this reason, we are closing your suggestion. We thank you for your participation in ARIN's Consultation and Suggestion Process.