Specified Transfer Listing Service
On This Page
The Specified Transfer Listing Service (STLS) is an optional service that helps connect organizations seeking to acquire IPv4 address space with organizations looking to transfer unused IPv4 address space and parties interested in facilitating the transfer process. The STLS is specifically for Transfers between Specified Recipients within the ARIN Region (NRPM 8.3) and Inter-RIR Transfers (NRPM 8.4).
The STLS is only for those organizations wishing to obtain IPv4 address space from another organization. If you wish to request IPv4 space directly from ARIN, please refer to ARIN's Waiting List page for your options.
This service is provided as a courtesy by ARIN, but organizations are not required to use STLS when transferring IPv4 address space. If you are ready to request a transfer (for example, if you are a recipient and already know the source of the IPv4 address space you wish to acquire), you may submit a transfer request without registering to use the STLS.
Why Use the STLS?
The STLS may be a helpful option for:
- Organizations in need of IPv4 address space but unsure of where to get it (Recipients)
- Recipients use the STLS to access a list of organizations with IPv4 address space that have been validated and are available for transfer.
- Organizations with unused IPv4 address space unsure of the organization to whom they wish to transfer it (Sources)
- Sources use the STLS to access a list of organizations that have been pre-approved to receive IPv4 address space, list their own space as available for transfer, or find a transfer facilitator.
- Parties looking to facilitate a transfer between two organizations (Facilitators)
- Facilitators use the STLS to access listings of both recipients and sources, and are listed themselves on the Registered Transfer Facilitators page.
Looking for Facilitators to assist with your transfer? Visit our Registered Transfer Facilitators page.
Note: Organizations that want to list a need for IPv4 addresses through the STLS must have established Point of Contact (POC) handle(s) and an Organization Identifier (Org ID) with ARIN.
Before participating in ARIN's STLS as a recipient or source, please review ARIN's Resource Transfer guidelines and Section 8 of the Number Resource Policy Manual (NRPM) to ensure your organization and the IPv4 address space in question qualify for a resource transfer. Before registering as a recipient in ARIN's STLS, you will need a registered Point of Contact record (POC) and an Organization Identifier (Org ID) linked to an ARIN Online account. For help creating these, visit Resource Requests: Getting Started.
ARIN Registration Services vets all STLS participants, and requires adequate documentation to ensure the right to transfer. All STLS participants must be current on all ARIN payments. Requests to receive/transfer/facilitate the transfer of IPv4 addresses through the STLS are subject to the STLS Terms of Service, as well as the same policy criteria as requests submitted directly to ARIN.
Requesting STLS Participation
- Log into your ARIN Online account
- Select Downloads & Services from the left, and scroll down to the STLS Participation Request form
- Select which category you fall under (source, recipient, facilitator) and select CONTINUE
- Read and accept the STLS Terms of Service (TOS)
- Provide basic information regarding your organization and, if applicable, the IPv4 address space being transferred
- Select SUBMIT
Upon submission, you will be automatically provided a ticketed request number. ARIN will verify your participation request within two business days via your Message Center, found by selecting Tickets & Messages > Message Center on the left menu of ARIN Online. If more information is required, it will be requested via your Message Center as well. Note that a request for additional information does not imply a denied request.
Note: Each response cycle will generally take two business days. If ARIN does not receive a response within 90 days, the associated ticket will be closed.
For questions about pending requests, send a reply to the ticket through ARIN Online, or call ARIN's Registration Services Help Desk at +1.703.227.0660. Please have the following available when you call:
- Your ticket number
- Access to www.arin.net and ARIN Online
- Any requested documentation
- The name of the analyst who assisted you previously, if applicable
STLS Participation Approval
Upon approval, ARIN will notify you via your Message Center. This approval requires a response to verify your participation, and is valid for 90 days. If no response to the approval message is received within 90 days, your request will need to be resubmitted.
Note: STLS recipients must provide an Officer Attestation certifying the accuracy of the request data prior to final approval.
ARIN charges a $100 fee for STLS participation to offset the cost of its operation. Additional fees will apply for approved transfers and for recurring registration of transferred IPv4 address space.
Payment may be submitted in one of two ways: by logging into ARIN Online and selecting Payments & Billing on the left, or by using this payment form and providing the appropriate Organization Identifier (Org ID), invoice number, and exact amount due. For more information, please visit ARIN's Make a Payment page.
STLS Access and List Retrieval
ARIN will provide STLS access to approved participants within two business days of receiving the listing fee. All STLS participants will have full access to all contact information provided for all registered recipients, sources, and facilitators via the Downloads & Services menu option within ARIN Online.
ARIN also publishes a Public STLS Summary Report that includes:
- IPv4 address block sizes listed as available
- IPv4 address block sizes listed as needed
- Current number of Transfer Facilitators
The report does not contain any organizational name or contact information.
Participants should contact either a registered facilitator or each other directly to arrange a transfer. Once two participants agree on a transfer, both parties should submit the appropriate transfer request. Visit the Transfers page for detailed instructions for Transfers between Specified Recipients within the ARIN Region (NRPM 8.3) and Inter-RIR Transfers (NRPM 8.4).
The STLS will operate indefinitely as long as adequate demand exists. ARIN reserves the right to modify or discontinue the service with appropriate advanced notice to participating parties.
Upon completion of a transfer between STLS participants, both involved parties will have their STLS listings and access removed upon completion of a transfer unless they have additionalf resources still listed. Subsequent STLS access will require resubmitting an STLS participation request.
Updating Your STLS Listing
If you are a registered participant of the STLS (recipient, source, or facilitator) and need to update the contact information for your organization, you may do so by submitting an Ask ARIN request from within your ARIN Online account.
- Log into your ARIN Online account
- Select Ask ARIN on the left
- Select "Other" from the list of topics
- Enter the Subject: Change STLS Information
- Provide the following information in the Question field:
- Organization Identifier (Org ID)
- Organization Name
- New Contact Name
- New Contact Email
- New Contact Phone number
- Submit the request