Two-Factor Authentication FAQ
How do I disable 2FA?
If you can access your account through your active authentication method:
- Log in to your ARIN Online account and select Settings from the menu under your name in the top right corner.
- In the Security Info section, from the Actions menu, choose Manage Two-Factor Authentication.
- Choose Remove as linked in the first senetence of the Select Method section.
- Confirm your choice by selecting Remove 2FA in the dropdown box.
Your account is no longer protected by 2FA.
What happens if I lose access to my active authentication method?
If you have lost access to your authenticator app, phone number, or hardware key, it is still possible to access your account.
If you do have a usable 2FA Recovery Code:
- Enter your user name and password as normal.
- Select Trouble with two-factor authentication? at the bottom of the ARIN Online log in screen.
- A third field will apear on the log in screen for one of your 2FA Recovery Codes.
- Enter the 2FA Recovery Code and select Sign In.
Each 2FA Recovery Code can only be used once, though they can be used in any order.
If you do not have a usable 2FA Recovery Code:
- Call ARIN Registration Services at +1 703-227-0660, Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
- Provide the answers to your account security questions.
- Application Programming Interface (API) Keys
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) Authentication
Registration Services Help Desk
7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET