ACSP Suggestion 2012.12: Clarify M&A transfer not needed for name change
Author: David Farmer
Submitted On: 09 July 2012
- In step #1 add reference the the name change process at https://www.arin.net/resources/request/org.html#name_change
- Rephrase step #6 removing reference to “name change”
- Also consider adding a pointer to the legal name change process on the ORG ID template.
Status: Closed Updated: 06 September 2012
20 July 2012
Staff understands that the process for an organization to change its name with ARIN is not well documented or understood, and that additional detail is much needed. We will review our current website documentation to determine where to best document this process, taking your suggestions into consideration. We should be able to have something completed within the next 30 days.
06 September 2012
ARIN has now implemented the following changes per in response to your suggestion:
- Added the following text with a URL to the “Changing Your Organization Name” on the following two pages: https://www.arin.net/resources/transfers/index.html and https://www.arin.net/resources/request/transfers_8_2.html
- “If your organization underwent a name change not due to a merger, acquisition, or other form of asset purchase, you may wish to review the Changing Your Organization Name section on the Organization Identifiers information page.”
- Removed references to name changes from Step 6 of the “Transfers Due to Mergers or Acquisitions” page
- Added verbiage about name changes to the instructions of the Org ID template with a URL to the “Changing Your Organization Name” page.
This suggestion is now closed.