ACSP Consultation 2024.1: Consultation on RPKI/BGP Intelligence
Consultation Tracking Information
- Requested By: Staff
- Status: Open
- Comments Opened: Linked to Discussion Archives: 30 January 2024
- Comments Closed: 29 February 2024
- Suggestion Number: n/a
ARIN is seeking feedback from the community regarding the level of information presented to the user when they are using ARIN’s Hosted Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) product. Currently when ARIN customers create Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs) in ARIN Online, they are only presented with the information in the ROA; they need to use third-party tools to predict the impact of creating the ROA on the global routing table.
We plan to add this functionality to a new RPKI dashboard that will allow a user to view the current RPKI validity state and the resulting impact to routing for the resources covered by the ROA. This will let users make more informed decisions about creating ROAs before confirming the changes and without leaving ARIN Online. This functionality will be available to ARIN customers who use ARIN Online. ARIN API users will need to use third-party tools to collect the same information.
- Display a table in the RPKI dashboard with near-real-time route announcements for the Organization’s Internet number resources, as seen in the global BGP table.
- The table will show the current RPKI validity state of the route announcements.
- Display any mismatches between BGP announcements, existing ROAs, and the resulting RPKI validity state and offer suggestions on how to resolve any mismatches following current best practices.
Because most ARIN organizations use the Hosted RPKI product, we believe adding this functionality would benefit a significant number of ARIN customers and enable network operators to make better informed routing decisions.
We are seeking community input for any additional information or capabilities that should be included in this proposed new functionality development. The feedback you provide during this consultation will be instrumental in determining how ARIN moves forward with improvements to our routing security services.
Please provide comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can subscribe to this mailing list at https://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult
This consultation will remain open until 5:00 PM ET on 29 February 2024. ARIN seeks clear direction through community input, so your feedback is important.
Thank you for your continued support to improve ARIN’s routing security services.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)