Join Us Next Week at ARIN 52
Posted: Thursday, 12 October 2023
ARIN is heading to sunny San Diego, California, for ARIN 52. Our Public Policy and Members Meeting takes place 19-20 October 2023 at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort and virtually via the Zoom webinar platform. If you haven’t registered to participate yet, it’s not too late! Visit https://arin.net/ARIN52 to get started.
What to expect at ARIN 52
The public policy portion of ARIN 52 features eight Draft Policy discussions on Thursday, 19 October. The agenda includes:
- Draft Policy ARIN-2022-12: Direct Assignment Language Update
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-1: Retire 220.127.116.11. Slow Start
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-2: /26 initial IPv4 allocation for IXPs
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-3: Amendment of the waitlist agreement to include a restriction on leasing
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-4: Modernization of Registration Requirements
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-5: Clean-up of NRPM Sections 4.3.4, 4.4, 4.10 and 6.10.1
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-6: ARIN Waitlist Qualification
- Draft Policy ARIN-2023-7: Clarification of NRPM Sections 4.5 and 6.11 Multiple Discrete Networks and the addition of new Section 2.18 Organizational Identifier (Org ID)
Find the ARIN 52 Policy Discussion Guide, along with our Meeting Orientation guide, on the ARIN 52 Meeting Materials page. If you’re unfamiliar with our Policy Development Process, visit https://arin.net/pdp. And you can read our post on the ARIN Blog for a crash course on the draft policies under discussion during ARIN 52.
Join us on Thursday morning to hear Steve Wallace, Director of Internet2 Routing Integrity, discuss the challenges of Resource Public Key Infrastructure-Route Origin Authorization (RPKI-ROA) diffusion within the research and education community in the United States.
Meet the Candidates in the 2023 ARIN Elections
Each fall, representatives from ARIN’s General Members in Good Standing elect candidates to the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council (AC). On Thursday, 19 October, we will present pre-recorded speeches from our Board and AC candidates.
For more information on the candidates running for the Board and AC this year, visit https://arin-elections.net to read their bios and to view or submit Statements of Support. If you’re a General Member, we encourage you to join our General Member mailing list to talk directly with the candidates running this year.
How to Attend the Meeting
Each morning during ARIN 52, attendees will receive an email with information about that day’s session. If you’re a virtual attendee, that email will contain a link to access the Zoom meeting.
The Zoom will open 15 minutes before the meeting starts each day; feel free to join early to say hello to and chat with your fellow attendees. If you’re on location in San Diego, just take a seat before the meeting begins at 9:00 AM PT.
Prepare yourself to participate in ARIN 52 by visiting the ARIN 52 Meeting Materials page to read our Meeting Orientation guide, Policy Discussion Guide, agenda, presentations, and more.
Mingle with your colleagues in San Diego during the ARIN 52 Happy Hour, held on Wednesday, 18 October, from 6:00 to 7:00 PM PT.
ARIN 52 Evening Social
On Thursday, 19 October, enjoy the lush surrounds of Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens. Dinner and drinks will be served, and outdoor games will be available to play with your colleagues. Attendees must wear their meeting badge for this event.
ARIN would like to thank our webcast sponsor, Google, our network sponsor, AT&T, and our bronze sponsor, IPv4.Global by Hilco Streambank, for helping make ARIN 52 possible.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to your participation at ARIN 52.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- » View Archive