NRO NC Requirements and Responsibilities
Incoming NRO NC Members must:
- Attend several in-person meetings held in various locations throughout the year and participate in periodic conference calls.
- Sign an ARIN Non-Disclosure Agreement
NRO NC Member responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Adhering to the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List
- Attending all regularly-scheduled ARIN, ICANN, and ASO in-person meetings and teleconferences
- Serving as representatives from the ARIN Region on the ICANN Address Supporting Organization Advisory Council (ASOAC), which involves the following responsibilities:
- Taking a role in the global policy development process as described in the ASO Memorandum of Understanding
- Providing recommendations to the Board of ICANN concerning the recognition of new RIRs
- Defining procedures for selection of individuals to serve on other ICANN bodies, in particular on the ICANN Board, and implement any roles assigned to the Address Council in such procedures
- Providing advice to the Board of ICANN on Internet number resource policy, in conjunction with the RIRs
- Developing procedures for conducting business in support of their responsibilities, in particular for the appointment of an Address Council Chair and definition of the Chair’s responsibilities
For additional information on the ASO roles and responsibilities, see the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) MoU.