Conflicts of Interest
The ARIN Board of Trustees passed the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List below (Bylaws, ArticleVIII, Section 1.b). The following conflicts of interest may disqualify persons interested in candidacy for the ARIN Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC), or ARIN representation to other outside organizations.
This list of possible conflicts of interest shall remain in force until superseded by future amendments by the ARIN Board of Trustees.
- The roles covered by this set of conflict of interest rules are:
- Member of the ARIN Board of Trustees
- Member of the ARIN Advisory Council
- Member of the NRO Number Council
- Staff of ARIN, except the President acting in that capacity
- An individual may not serve in more than one of the covered roles at the same time.
- An individual may not run for election to more than one covered role at the same time.
- An individual currently serving in one of the covered roles with remaining time on his/her term and wishing to run for election to another covered role must agree to resign from his/her current role upon election to the new role.
- An individual serving as a member of a Nomination Committee for a covered role may not run for election to the role for which the Committee was created.
- An individual may not serve in one of the covered roles at the same time as s/he:
- Serves on the governing Board of another Regional Internet Registry (RIR)
- Serves as one of the representatives to the NRO NC from another RIR
- Is a member of the staff of another RIR
- Is a member of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) staff or its Board of Directors