Consultation Tracking Information
- Requested By: ARIN Staff
- Status: Open
- Comments Opened: Linked to Discussion Archives: 12 December 2011
- Comments Closed: Open until production system is deployed
- Suggestion Number : Not applicable
Subject of Consultation
ARIN is currently offering a trial WhoWas service that will provide historical registration information for a given IP address or ASN. This trial period will run until the production system is deployed, and will serve to provide much needed data to assist ARIN in defining the scope and use for this service.
In addition to the information we are cultivating from the trial, there are a number of questions that ARIN would like to pose to the community to allow for us to get a better understanding of how WhoWas would be used as a production service.
If you have an interest in this service and its future development please respond to the following question via email to email@example.com:
- Why do you want access to WhoWas information and how do you plan to use it?
- How often do you think you would use the WhoWas service?
- What information would you expect to receive in response to a WhoWas request?
- Would a restful interface be useful for you to automate history requests?
If you would prefer to share your thoughts anonymously, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WhoWasService
Community feedback is a vital component to the development of the WhoWas service, and will have a direct impact on decisions regarding the scope and use of this project.
The ARIN consultation mailing list is open to the public. You can subscribe to this mailing list at: http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult.
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 31 December 2011. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.