Consultation Tracking Information
- Requested By: ARIN Staff
- Status: Closed
- Comments Opened: Linked to Discussion Archives: 30 September 2011
- Comments Closed: 28 October 2011
- Suggestion Number : Not applicable
Subject of Consultation
ARIN is consulting with the community with regards to the attached Revised Policy Development Process (PDP) for policy development in the ARIN region. This revision to the PDP includes extensive restructuring of the material for improved readability, and as such the use of change marking is not possible.
Significant changes in this revision of the PDP include:
- Improved definition of the scope of the PDP process
- Clarified principles for good number resource policy
- Clarified Board criteria for ratification of developed policies
- Have added a role for the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) to performing an initial review of each new policy proposal to confirm that it is in scope of the PDP
- Have changed the process so all in-scope policy proposals become draft policies upon successful initial review
- Have defined a single first-in/first-out flow control for AC Chair to allow deferral of all incoming proposals if AC docket is overloaded
- Added requirement for the AC to provide a full explanation of any policy action taken
- Provides for the AC to select the set of draft policies which are to be presented in detail for discussion at the Public Policy Meeting (PPM)
- Excludes ARIN Staff & Board from initiating or supporting petitions
- One petition per policy action; if successful, petitioners mutually select the presenter of the draft policy at PPM
There are three documents: Part 1 is the goals of the PDP, Part 2 is the
PDP itself, and Part 3 is the PDP Petition Process.
Please provide comments to email@example.com. You can subscribe to this mailing list at: http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult.
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 28 October 2011. ARIN seeks clear direction through community input, so your feedback is important. If you have any questions, please contact us at
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
On October 28, 2011, ARIN concluded its consultation with the community regarding the Revised Policy Development Process (PDP) for policy development in the ARIN region. ARIN is reviewing the feedback received, and will be reporting back to the community shortly on the next steps in the PDP revision process.