Consultation Tracking Information
- Requested By: ARIN Staff
- Status: Closed
- Comments Opened: Linked to Discussion Archives: 03 March 2016
- Comments Closed: 02 April 2016
- Suggestion Number : not applicable
Subject of Consultation
On 29 February 2016, the ARIN Board of Trustees proposed changes to the ARIN Bylaws. Per Article X. Section 6.b. of the Bylaws, several of these changes require community notification and consultation before they can be adopted. ARIN is conducting this community consultation to obtain feedback on the proposed set of Bylaws changes.
The proposed changes include:
- Improving language for appointment of a Trustee for purposes of improving overall Board diversity of skills or background
- Clarifying the staggering of terms for Trustee and Advisory Council members
- Modifying the Trustee removal process to make removals by the Board of Trustees subject to membership ratification
- Clarifying the process for interim appointments and partial terms
- Changing the processes for Bylaws changes and Articles of Incorporation changes so all changes are sent to community consultation before final adoption by the Board of Trustees.
A full redline version of the proposed changes are available for review at:
Please provide comments to email@example.com You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
This notification and consultation period will close at 5 PM EDT, 2 April 2016. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
04 April 2016
ARIN thanks those that provided feedback during the consultation. Community consultation feedback will be provided to the ARIN Board in their consideration of the next steps.