You can modify your Network Record (NET) to change the network name, Origin Autonomous System (AS), Resource Point of Contact (POC) handles, and public comments on an IP address block.
Note: Changes to reverse DNS delegation cannot be made with a network modification.
Network modifications must be submitted by a POC with the appropriate permissions, as defined in the following table:
|Modify Network Name||✅||✅|
|Modify Origin AS||✅||✅||✅|
|Modify Public Comments||✅||✅||✅|
|Modify Resource POCs||✅||✅|
Using Your ARIN Online Account
To modify a NET using ARIN Online:
- Select IP Addresses > Search from the navigation menu, then select the Net Handle of the NET you need to update.
- From the Actions menu, choose Modify.
- Enter the updated information and choose Submit. Your changes will be visible immediately in your account, and ARIN’s Whois will reflect the update shortly thereafter.
Using RESTful Calls or Templates
To automate large numbers of network modifications, you can use RESTful calls. Email templates are also supported.
Note: To modify a NET through a RESTful call or an email template, you must first generate an API key.
ARIN offers a RESTful web service that you can use to modify network records. This provisioning system allows for more secure interactions with ARIN’s database and provides even stronger authentication on automated submissions. Visit Automating Record Management with Reg-RWS for more information.
You have the option to request a network modification via email.
If you choose to submit email templates, there are two request templates that are used for network modifications:
- Network Modification (NET-MOD) Template: Used for IPv4 network modifications.
- IPv6 Network Modification (IPv6-NET-MOD) Template: Used for IPv6 network modifications.
Instructions for completion and submission are provided on each template. You must either include your API key in your template or send it from the email address associated with the API key to authorize processing. Follow the instructions exactly. Errors will delay processing and your request will be returned.
Submit the completed request to email@example.com.
We will notify you via email when the modification is completed.