ACSP Consultation 2012.3: Revision to the Policy Development Process
Consultation Tracking Information
- Requested By: Staff
- Status: Closed
- Comments Opened: Linked to Discussion Archives: 29 May 2012
- Comments Closed: 28 June 2012
- Suggestion Number: n/a
We are consulting with the community in regards to a revised Policy Development Process (PDP) for Internet number resource policy development in the ARIN region. Significant changes in this revision of the PDP include:
- Improved definition of the scope of the PDP process
- Clarified principles for good number resource policy, i.e. it is fair/impartial, technically sound, and has the support of the community
- Clarified Board criteria for ratification of developed policies
- Added a role for the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) to perform an initial review of each new policy proposal to confirm that it is clear and in scope of the PDP
- Changed the process so all clear, in-scope policy proposals become draft policies upon successful initial review
- Added requirement for the AC to provide a full explanation of any policy action taken
- One petition per policy action; if successful, petitioners mutually select the presenter of the draft policy at Public Policy Meetings
There are three parts to the document: Part One is the goals of the PDP, Part Two is the PDP itself, and Part Three is the PDP Petition Process.
Please provide comments to email@example.com. You can subscribe to this mailing list at: http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult.
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 28 June 2012 (30 days). ARIN seeks clear direction through community input, so your feedback is important. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please see the proposed revision of the Policy Development Process
Flowchart of the proposed revision of the Policy Development Process