Meeting of the ARIN Advisory Council - 27 January 2023
New Orleans, LA
- Leif Sawyer, Chair (LS)
- Kat Hunter, Vice Chair (KH)
- Doug Camin (DC)
- Andrew Dul (AD)
- Gerry George (GG)
- Brian Jones (BJ)
- Kendrick Knowles (KK)
- Anita Nikolich (AN)
- Amy Potter (AP)
- Gus Reese (GR)
- Chris Tacit (CT)
- Alicia Trotman (AT)
- Matthew Wilder (MW)
- Alison Wood (AW)
- Chris Woodfield (CW)
- Michael Abejuela, (MA) General Counsel
- Jenny Fulmer, (JF) Staff Attorney
- Sean Hopkins, (SH) Senior Policy Analyst
- Richard Jimmerson, (RJ) COO
- Lisa Liedel, Director, Registration Services
- John Sweeting, (CCO) Chief Customer Officer
- Bill Sandiford, ARIN Board of Trustees Chair
The Chair called the meeting to order at 3:18 p.m. CST. The presence of a quorum was noted. The Chair welcomed the AC to their first meeting of the year. He welcomed Mr. Sandiford and thanked him for attending.
2. Agenda Review
The Chair reviewed the agenda with the Council and called for any comments. There were no comments.
3. Approval of the Minutes
It was moved by KH and seconded by CT, that:
“The ARIN Advisory Council approves the Minutes of 15 December 2022, as written.”
The Chair called for comments. There were no comments.
The motion carried with all in favor.
4. Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2021-8: Deprecation of the ‘Autonomous System Originations’ field.
AT stated that this policy has evolved to include a two-year timeframe and will be presented at ARIN 51. She anticipated a motion to move it to last call likely thereafter
5. Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2022-2: Remove Barrier to BGP Uptake in ASN Policy
CT stated that this item is ready to be presented at ARIN 51 and there is no update at this time.
6. Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2022-3: Remove Officer Attestation Requirement for 8.5.5.
MW stated now that this policy has a new co-shepherd, he will bring that shepherd to speed but this policy is holding for presentation ARIN 51 and the community’s anticipated feedback.
7. Draft Policy 2022-4: Clean-up of NRPM Sections 2.1 and 2.2
AW stated that this item will be presented at ARIN 51 and there is no update at this time.
8. Draft Policy ARIN-2022-5: Clean-up of NRPM Section 2.11.
AW stated that a staff and legal review has been requested. The policy may move to recommended draft policy status thereafter.
9. Draft Policy ARIN 2022-8: Streamlining Section 11 Policy Language.
CT stated that the policy shepherds are working on revisions to the text minus allocation language updates which are dependent upon forthcoming changes to policy 2022-12.
10. Draft Policy ARIN 2022-11: Clean-up of NRPM – Introduction of Sections 2.17 and 2.18.
AW stated that the IANA definition has been removed from the NRPM, and the text has been revised. She requested a staff and legal review. The Chair acknowledged the request.
11. Draft Policy ARIN 2022-12: Direct Allocation Language Update.
The Chair stated that this item is being revised based on notes from the prior policy shepherds.
12. ARIN AC Working Groups
Number Resource Policy Manual Working Group (NRPM WG) Update. CT stated that the NRPM WG needs new members and has residual work to do on Section 2, Section 6, and then Section 4.
Policy Development Process Working Group (PDP WG) Update. AP stated that the PDP WG has no update at this time. After a discussion regarding the need for continuation of the PDP WG, the Chair noted that the PDP WG will now close and thanked the WG members for their work.
Policy Experience Report Working Group (PER WG) Update. AW noted that prior to this meeting the WG was working on ineligibility of waitlist space for transfer. The group also worked on organizations on the waitlist obtaining a small block but still being on the list.
13. Any Other Business
The Chair called for any other business.
- Changes in Employment and Affiliation. CW stated that he had a new employer.
- ARIN 51 Registration. The Chair noted that registration is open and encouraged AC members to register as soon as possible.
The Chair entertained a motion to adjourn at 3:31 p.m. CST. AD moved to adjourn, seconded by AW. The meeting adjourned with no objections.