Consultation Tracking Information
- Requested By: Board of Trustees
- Status: Closed
- Comments Opened: Linked to Discussion Archives: 09 April 2018
- Comments Closed: 25 May 2018
- Suggestion Number : n/a
Subject of Consultation
ARIN’s Strategic Plan calls for ARIN to recover costs in a fair and equitable manner via appropriate fees to maintain adequate funds for the long-term stability of the organization. ARIN has increased operating costs in recent years to meet customer demand for improved and broader services, and upon review, the Board of Trustees has called for both strategic cost management by the organization and some fee increases in order to preserve long-term organizational reserves.
The ARIN Board is proposing the following fee changes:
- Increasing the annual registry maintenance fee paid by end users for each IPv4 address block, IPv6 address block, and Autonomous System Number (“ASN”) from $100 to $150 per object. Registration Services Plan customers do not pay these annual registry maintenance fees as all services are already covered in their plan.
- Increasing the annual Legacy maintenance fee for each IPv4 address block and ASN from $100 to $150 per object – i.e., the same change as proposed for end-user maintenance fees. The Legacy maintenance fee is to cover costs associated with Internet number resources held under a Legacy Registration Services Agreement (“LRSA”). (Note also that some very early LRSA agreements include a limit on the annual increase of total maintenance fees; ARIN will implement any fee increase consistent with the terms of those agreements.)
- Increasing the initial and annual registration fee for ARIN Transfer Facilitators from $100 to $1,000, in order to cover rising costs associated with services.
We are seeking community feedback on these modifications to ARIN’s Fee schedule that we intend to implement sometime mid-year 2018.
This consultation will remain open for forty-five (45) days, after which time the Board will evaluate community feedback and determine appropriate changes to the fee schedule.
Please provide comments to email@example.com. You can subscribe to this mailing list at:
Discussion on firstname.lastname@example.org will close on 25 May 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
ARIN thanks those who provided valuable feedback during the Proposed 2018 Fee Schedule Change consultation. The Board considered the community input provided during the consultation at their meeting on 24 May 2018, and thus have adopted a new Fee Schedule.
The new Fee Schedule will be effective on 1 July 2018, and the new fees will be reflected in invoices due on and after 1 July 2018. More information regarding the new Fee Schedule is now available through arin-announce as well as on ARIN's Fee Schedule webpage at: https://www.arin.net/fees/fee_schedule.html
We thank everyone who participated in this discussion for their feedback.