ARIN’s goal is to allow individuals and organizations to manage their ARIN records, requests, and correspondence online. In addition to developing the online account management system, ARIN keeps track of community and internal recommendations for new services and improvements. These items await prioritization, planning, and approval before work can commence. ARIN encourages community input on future upgrades and services. Information gleaned from community feedback, received both online and in person, will be used by ARIN management to help prioritize future work.
The information below outlines the software functionality that is currently in development, as well as additional functionality and other new services awaiting implementation. Together, these lists provide a general overview to give a sense of the scope of our software development efforts.
Note: For a list of existing ARIN Online Functionality, visit the ARIN Software Releases page.
Engineering Projects Planned for 2022
- Election system improvements
- Billing system improvements
- Continue to make ARIN services cloud capable
- Network and Infrastructure maintenance with a focus on high-availability improvements
- Technical debt drawdown, bug fixes, and application changes based on policy
- Routing Security - New products and enhancements
- ARIN Repository Service for Delegated RPKI
- Tighter linkage between RPKI/IRR
- 2-factor authentication controls for Admin Point of Contacts
- RPKI Object lifetime changes
We conduct planning sessions annually for the review and approval of the ARIN Board of Trustees. The resulting strategic plan is published upon approval. Inputs to this process include:
- Legal and regulatory changes
- Policy adoption and ratification
- ARIN Consultation and Suggestion Process (ACSP)
- Initiatives from the Board of Trustees
- Defects, maintenance, and upgrades
- Staff-initiated suggestions
- Customer feedback (via feedback button)
- Customer Surveys
Many factors influence the software development schedule, and emerging issues can result in changes to our work plans that impact delivery of scheduled work.