Call for Nominations: NRO NC ARIN Region [Archived]
OUT OF DATE?
Here in the Vault, information is published in its final form and then not changed or updated. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references, may be out-of-date or no longer available.
Posted: Monday, 21 July 2014
You are invited to nominate candidates from the ARIN region to fill one seat on the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) that will become vacant when Ron da Silva’s term expires on 31 December 2014. Candidates must be willing to serve a three-year term beginning 1 January 2015. Incumbents may be nominated for consecutive terms.
Information about the NRO NC, also known as the Address Supporting Organization Address Council, and who else is currently serving can be found here:
Every three years, the Board of Trustees appoints a representative to the NRO NC from the ARIN region. This year is an appointment year, so after the nomination period closes, the ARIN Board votes via secret ballot to appoint a representative.
Nomination details are included below. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Any individual, regardless of ARIN membership status, may self-nominate or nominate one or more candidates for any open NRO Number Council position. You can read instructions on how to make nominations here.
- Any individual residing within the ARIN region may be nominated, with the exception of Regional Internet Registry staff members. View the countries in the ARIN service region here.
- All nominees must confirm that they qualify to serve and do not violate the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, 20 August 2014.
- Each nominee must submit the nominee questionnaire by 5:00 PM ET on Monday, 25 August 2014. The questionnaires are available for review here.
- ARIN will contact all nominees via email and/or telephone to verify that they are willing and able to fulfill a three-year term. If ARIN cannot reach the nominee, the nomination will be rejected.
- You may view the Requirements and Responsibilities of NRO NC Members here. Responsibilities of NRO NC representatives are further outlined in the ASO Memorandum of Understanding here.
- Further information on the NRO NC is available here on the ASO website .