ARIN 49 Starts Next Week — Get Ready!
Posted: Monday, 18 April 2022
We’re excited to kick off ARIN 49, our hybrid Public Policy and Members Meeting that will take place 24 – 27 April 2022 at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, TN as well as virtually via Zoom. If you haven’t registered yet, it’s not too late! Just visit http://arin.net/ARIN49 to get started.
What to Expect at ARIN 49
In addition to other reports and updates, the Public Policy portion of the meeting will feature a number of policy discussions over the course of the meeting. The policy agenda includes:
- Draft Policy ARIN 2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2021-3: Private AS Number and Unique Routing Policy Clarifications
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2021-4: Clarifications to Sections 8.3, 8.4, and 8.5.6
- Draft Policy ARIN 2021-6: Permit IPv4 Leased Addresses for Purposes of Determining Utilization for Future Allocations
- Draft Policy ARIN 2021-7: Make Abuse Contact Useful
- Draft Policy ARIN 2021-8: Deprecation of the ‘Autonomous System Originations’ Field
- Draft Policy ARIN 2022-1: MDN Clarification for Qualification
You can find an ARIN 49 Policy Discussion Guide on our Meeting Materials page. If you need a refresher on how our Policy Development Process works, visit: https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/ or check out our recent blog on the draft policies under discussion during ARIN 49.
On Tuesday, 26 April, join our panelists for a discussion on “Why Doesn’t the Internet Migrate Entirely to IPv6?”, moderated by ARIN President and CEO John Curran.
How to Attend the Meeting
Each morning during the meeting, you’ll receive a reminder email with information about that day’s session. If you’re a virtual attendee, that email will contain the link you need to access the Zoom meeting as well as our virtual social events.
Virtual attendees will be allowed into the Zoom 15 minutes before the meeting starts so you can say hello and chat with other attendees. If you’re on site in Nashville, just take a seat before the meeting begins.
We want to make sure you are ready to participate at the meeting. Before the meeting starts, visit the ARIN 49 materials site to get a sneak peek at the presentations and any additional materials and guides.
Don’t forget to have a little fun while you’re at ARIN 49! We have a robust social agenda planned for both in-person and virtual attendees.
Nashville attendees: Join us on Sunday, 24 April at 6:00 PM CT for a Happy Hour at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Starting at 7:00 PM CT on Monday evening, we’ll be celebrating in style at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
Virtual attendees: During Monday’s lunch at 12:30 PM CT, join your colleagues for Virtual Table Topics. After Tuesday’s meeting, we’re hosting a Virtual Happy Hour at 4:30 PM CT — come prepared to party with fun games and a live mixology demonstration featuring two custom-created ARIN 49 cocktails.
ARIN would like to thank our network sponsor AT&T, and our bronze sponsors, IPv4Mall and Hilco Streambank, for helping make ARIN 49 possible.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation!
American Registry for Internet Numbers
- Consultation on New ARIN Policy Development Process
- Results of Consultation on Open Discussion List
- Congratulations to the 2022 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- Congratulations to the ARIN 50 Selected Fellows
- Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023
- New ARIN Registration Services Agreement
- The ARIN Test of the RPKI, Announced on 5 August, Has Been Completed
- NRPM 2022.2 - New Policies Implemented
- Introducing the 2022 Slate of Candidates for ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- » View Archive