Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending 31 December 2023
Posted: Wednesday, 15 March 2023
ARIN recovers the cost of its registry operations through an annual Registration Services Plan (RSP) fee charged to registry customers based on the total size of the number resources held.
Organizations that bring legacy resources under a Registration Services Agreement (RSA/LRSA) have benefitted from an annual “legacy fee cap” (presently $175 for 2023 and increasing each year by $25), which applies regardless of the number of IPv4 legacy resources held.
As previously announced, ARIN will no longer offer this annual legacy fee cap for any legacy resources brought under an RSA/LRSA after 31 December 2023. All organizations with active Legacy Resource Services Agreements (LRSA) entered into prior to 1 January 2024 will continue to have their fees capped for legacy resources covered before that date per the annual legacy fee cap. Any legacy resources brought under agreement from 1 January 2024 forward will be covered under the regular Registration Services Plan fees with no fee cap, and any parties entering into an agreement from 1 January 2024 for their legacy resources will pay the regular Registration Services Plan fees (the same as all other ARIN customers pay) without any applicable legacy fee cap.
All organizations with resources under an RSA/LRSA are ARIN Service Members with full benefits and privileges, including:
- The ability to request General Membership to secure voting eligibility for ARIN Elections.
- Access to all enhanced ARIN services such as the Internet Routing Registry (IRR) and Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), as well as other features offered by ARIN.
- Clearly defined legal rights and responsibilities for their number resources.
- The opportunity to subscribe to ARIN’s Premier Support Plan.
ARIN strongly encourages organizations with legacy resources that are not currently under agreement to consider signing the LRSA before 1 January 2024 to secure the fee cap.
If you have any questions about the LRSA or would like to learn how your organization can request an LRSA, please visit https://www.arin.net/legacy.
If you have any additional questions, contact the ARIN Registration Services Department via your ARIN Online account or by calling +1.703.227.0660 during our open hours.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Results of Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
- Results of Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options in ARIN Online
- Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending 31 December 2023
- Congratulations to the ARIN 51 Selected Fellows
- NRPM 2023.1 - New Policies Implemented
- Now Closed – Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- LRSA Information for Governmental Entities/Institutions
- Bram Abramson Resigns from ARIN Board of Trustees
- Now Closed – Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online
- » View Archive