Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023
Posted: Tuesday, 13 September 2022
On 11 October 2007, ARIN implemented the first version of the Legacy Registration Services Agreement (LRSA). This agreement and the fees associated with legacy resources have been modified several times over the past 15 years. The most recent change was in 2022 when ARIN transitioned all customers with IPv4 and/or IPv6 number resources to the same Registration Services Plan (RSP) Fee Schedule which has fee categories based on the total amount of resources held.
This most recent change brought those organizations that were issued resources before the formation of ARIN (also known as “legacy resource holders”) into the new Fee Schedule. ARIN also continued providing legacy resource holders a cap on the total amount of maintenance fees due annually – the “annual legacy maintenance fee cap” – that has been offered since the introduction of the LRSA to encourage entry into an LRSA and normalization of these customers’ contractual relationship with ARIN. The “annual legacy maintenance fee cap” is presently set at $150 per year (and will increase by $25 in each subsequent year.)
On 4 August 2022, the ARIN Board of Trustees voted unanimously in favor of ending the annual legacy maintenance fee cap applied to legacy resources brought under an LRSA beginning 1 January 2024. All organizations with active LRSA agreements entered prior to 1 January 2024 will continue to have their fees limited for legacy resources covered before that date per the annual legacy maintenance fee cap as noted above. Any new legacy resources brought under an LRSA as of 1 January 2024 forward will fall under the full, normal RSP fees.
We strongly encourage all legacy resource holders who have not yet signed an LRSA to cover their legacy resources to consider doing so before 31 December 2023 in order to secure the most favorable fees for their ARIN Services as well as being able to access ARIN’s more advanced services such as the Internet Routing Registry (IRR) and Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) services.
If you have any questions about billing or the 2022 Fee Schedule, please contact 2022Fees@arin.net.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Submit Your Questions for Candidates in the 2022 ARIN Elections
- Consultation on New ARIN Policy Development Process
- Change to Management of the Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) for ARIN’s RPKI Service
- Results of Consultation on Open Discussion List
- Congratulations to the 2022 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- Congratulations to the ARIN 50 Selected Fellows
- Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023
- New ARIN Registration Services Agreement
- The ARIN Test of the RPKI, Announced on 5 August, Has Been Completed
- NRPM 2022.2 - New Policies Implemented
- » View Archive