New Features Added to ARIN Online
Posted: Thursday, 16 December 2021
ARIN recently made improvements, enhancements, and updates to its software and systems, including ARIN Online. Full release notes are included at the end of this message.
ARIN systems are operating normally. If you have questions, comments, or issues, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
We completed a number of infrastructure improvements and bug fixes, including:
System changes to remove the “Direct Assignment” (DS) resource category: Due to the 2022 Fee Schedule changes, after 1 January 2022, ARIN no longer makes a distinction in its database between direct allocations (IP address space issued directly from ARIN to an organization that could be reallocated or reassigned by the organization) and direct assignments (IP address space issued directly from ARIN to an organization for its own exclusive use). Only the “direct allocation” (DA) category will be used for space issued by ARIN. As a result, in ARIN Reg-RWS, the
netBlockfield in the NET payload will no longer include the DS field. To provide a grace period so that customers can update their RESTful API scripts, this field will be temporarily ignored by the Reg-RWS system and an informational message returned instead of rejecting the payload. Other allocation types remain unchanged.
Made changes to Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) as part of the ongoing effort to ensure conformance with the NRO RDAP Profile, including:
- IP and ASN resources in IANA’s special-purpose registries are indicated with a reserved status.
- Added nro_rdap_profile_0 string to responses and the nro_rdap_profile_asn_flat_0 string to autnum responses.
- Updated the rdapConformance field in a help response to include values for all implemented server extensions.
- Updated the nameservers field for domain response to reflect correct case.
- Changed the rel type in RDAP responses for the Whois Inaccuracy Reporting web link to inaccuracy-report and the Terms of Service web link to terms-of-service.
- Set status to active in autnum responses.
- Include trailing period in ldhName values for reverse domain responses.
- Consultation on Implementing Single Transferrable Voting for ARIN Elections
- New ARIN Mailing List for General Member Discussions
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2022 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Reminder--Retirement of ARIN Non-Authenticated IRR on 31 March 2022
- New ARIN Membership Structure for 2022
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ACSP Consultation 2021.6 — Community Consultation on Term Limits for ARIN Board of Trustees is Now Closed
- ARIN’s Log4j Zero-day Bug Vulnerability Review Results
- Support Added for Three TLS Version 1.3 Cipher Suites
- ARIN Governance Working Group Consultation Series
- » View Archive