ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections
Posted: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Updated: Monday, 25 October 2021
On Tuesday, 21 September, the 2021 Nomination Committee put forth the Initial Slate of candidates for the 2021 Board of Trustees and Advisory Council Elections. Today, with the completion of the Election Slate Development Process, ARIN announces the Final Slate of candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections.
Board of Trustees Candidates
- Bram Abramson, 32M
- Dan Alexander, Comcast Cable
- Jeffrey Bedser
- Ron da Silva, Quantum Loophole, Inc.
- Peter Harrison, Colovore LLC
Advisory Council Candidates
- Jeffry Handal, Cisco
- Kat Hunter, Comcast LLC
- Brian Jones, Virginia Tech
- Karl Morin, Hive Data Center, QIX
- Amy Potter, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Kerrie Richards, Business Growth Rocket, Young Entrepreneurs Association of Jamaica, ISOC Jamaica Chapter
- Rob Seastrom, Capital One, ClueTrust
- Alicia Trotman, CaribNOG
- Chris Woodfield, Twitter, Inc., NANOG
A compilation of candidate biographies and questionnaire responses is available at:
You are encouraged to submit and view Statements of Support for the candidates at:
Please note that all candidate Statements of Support are automatically held for moderation and will be posted, upon approval, within one business day.
Two candidates for the Board of Trustees, Dan Alexander and Ron da Silva, were added to the Final Slate as the result of meeting the requirements of the recently closed Nomination by Petition Process.
ARIN Trustees Paul Andersen and Peter Harrison, and Advisory Council members Gary Giesen, Kat Hunter, Amy Potter, Kerrie Richards, Rob Seastrom, and Alicia Trotman will all conclude their current terms on 31 December 2021. ARIN hopes you will join us in thanking each of them for their time, service, and ongoing commitment over the years. In addition, there is currently one vacant seat on the Advisory Council that will also be filled during this election. Voting in the 2021 ARIN Elections will be held online from 1:00 PM EDT on 4 November 2021 through 5:00 PM EST on 12 November 2021. These elections will fill the two open seats on the Board of Trustees and the seven open seats on the Advisory Council.
Voters should familiarize themselves with each candidate by reading the candidate biographies, responses to candidate questions, and Statements of Support available at:
On Thursday, 28 October, all candidates will have an opportunity to address ARIN’s Membership as part of the ARIN 48 Election Forum. Candidate Forums for ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council candidates will also take place that day, where the candidates will address the questions raised by you, the community! Video recordings of the panels and the candidate speeches will be made available online as soon as possible after the event.
Participation in all phases of ARIN Elections is a key responsibility of ARIN Member Organizations, whose ongoing involvement and ballots are crucial for electing ARIN leadership. Thank you for participating in ARIN’s 2021 Elections!
To view ARIN’s election system instructions, please visit:
For questions pertaining to ARIN’s Elections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- ARIN to Add Support for Three TLS Version 1.3 Cipher Suites
- ARIN Governance Working Group Consultation Series
- Retirement of ARIN Non-Authenticated IRR on 31 March 2022
- ACSP Consultation 2021.5 — Consultation on ARIN's Membership Structure is Now Closed
- ARIN 48 Meeting Report Now Available
- 2021 ARIN Election Results
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ARIN Board Officer Update
- Reminder - Consultation on ARIN’s Membership Structure
- The ARIN 48 Members Meeting is Today
- » View Archive