ARIN 48 Starts Next Week — Get Ready!
Posted: Friday, 15 October 2021
We’re excited to kick off ARIN 48 with back-to-back days of Public Policy discussion on 19-20 October, but don’t forget about the Election Forum on 28 October and the Members Meeting on 4 November. If you haven’t registered yet, visit http://arin.net/ARIN48 for more information. Please note you only need to register once to attend all of the meeting dates.
Public Policy Meeting (19 – 20 October)
In addition to other reports and updates, the Public Policy meeting will feature a number of policy discussions over the course of the meeting. The agenda includes:
- ARIN 2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN 2021-2: Special Use IPv4 Space Out of Scope for Purposes of Determining Waitlist Eligibility
- ARIN 2021-3: Private AS Number and Unique Routing Policy Clarifications
- ARIN 2021-4: Clarifications to Sections 8.3, 8.4, and 8.5.6
- ARIN 2021-5: Update ISP and End User References for 2022 Fee Schedule
- ARIN 2021-6: Remove Circuit Requirement
You can find an ARIN 48 Policy Discussion Guide here: https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/ARIN48/materials/arin48_discussion_guide.pdf and if you need a refresher on how our Policy Development Process works, visit: https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/
Election Forum (28 October)
Each fall, representatives from ARIN’s General Members in Good Standing elect candidates to the ARIN Board of Trustees and the Advisory Council. This year, we are also electing one ARIN representative to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC).
At the Election Forum, you’ll be able to hear speeches from the candidates. There will also be a forum for Board of Trustees and Advisory Council candidates to answer questions important to the ARIN community.
Members Meeting (4 November)
Held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, registrants can choose to attend in-person or virtually. We are featuring a keynote presentation from Chris Painter, President of the Global Forum on Cyber Expertise Foundation, titled “Cybersecurity and the Internet: The Road Less Traveled” as well as an Internet Governance Panel which will explore how cybersecurity and the Internet are evolving.
What to expect at ARIN 48
One hour before each meeting starts, you’ll receive a reminder email containing a link to attend that day’s session.
Attendees will be allowed into the Zoom 15 minutes before the meeting begins so you can say hello and chat with other attendees.
As we begin to lead up to the meeting, we want to make sure you are ready to participate. To help you prepare, you can visit the ARIN 48 materials site to review: https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/ARIN48/. Presentations will be posted as they are submitted, so watch this space as we approach the start time.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation!
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Apply Now for an ARIN Community Grant
- 2022 Mailing List AUP Committee
- ARIN 49 Meeting Report Now Available
- Registration Now Open for New “Delegated, Hybrid, and the API — Beyond Hosted RPKI at ARIN” Webinar
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ARIN 49 Begins Today
- 2021 Annual Report Now Available
- ARIN Non-Authenticated IRR has been Retired
- Announcing the 2022 ARIN Grant Selection Committee
- » View Archive