Reminder--Upcoming Change to RDAP Bootstrap URL Planned for 30 June 2021
Posted: Tuesday, 15 June 2021
This announcement is to remind you of the previously-announced change of address to the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) bootstrap server, scheduled for on or about 30 June 2021.
As announced on 21 November 2020 and each month subsequently, the ARIN Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Bootstrap server address is changing. The following information is repeated from previous announcements:
ARIN is changing the address of our Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) bootstrap server from
https://rdap-bootstrap.arin.net/bootstrap. A bootstrap server is used to forward queries from users seeking registration data for Internet resources to another server that can provide more detailed registration information about that resource. The address of the bootstrap server is used in the “query URL” sent from a client application or entered into a command-line query by a user.
ARIN has set up a redirect to automatically route queries from the old URL to the new URL when support for the old URL is ended. The old URL will be retired on 30 June 2021, and the redirect will be active. However, it is important to note we can’t guarantee the redirect will be respected by all clients. In order to avoid any problems, queries should be changed to use the new URL,
https://rdap-bootstrap.arin.net/bootstrap, as soon as possible.
More information about how the bootstrap URL works and this upcoming change can be found on TeamARIN at https://teamarin.net/2020/12/11/buckle-up-change-of-address-coming-for-arins-bootstrap-server/. If you have questions or comments about this change, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Don’t Forget – The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- Now Closed – Consultation on RPKI/IRR
- New ARIN Fee Schedule to Be Implemented on 1 January 2024
- NRPM 2023.2 - New Policies Implemented
- The 2023 Slate of Candidates for ARIN Elections
- Congratulations to the ARIN 52 Selected Fellows
- RPKI/IRR Consultation Extended Until 20 September
- Congratulations to the 2023 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- ARIN on the Road Is Headed to Rochester, NY!
- RPKI/IRR Consultation Reminder and Update
- » View Archive