ARIN Software and System Updates
Posted: Saturday, 21 November 2020
ARIN recently made updates to its software and systems, including ARIN Online. Full release notes are included at the end of this message.
ARIN systems are operating normally. If you have questions, comments, or issues, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
We completed a number of infrastructure improvements and bug fixes, including the following updates.
ARIN Online Updates
Updated financial and billing functions in ARIN Online.
Fixed zonegen timing issue that caused slow publishing of zones for ERX snippets received from other RIRs.
ARIN Whois Updates
The URL for Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) bootstrap queries has changed to
https://rdap-bootstrap.arin.net/bootstrap. If you have queries that use our RDAP bootstrap server, please update your links. Note that the current URL,
https://rdap.arin.net/bootstrap, will be supported for 90 days, and that support will end on 18 February, 2021. Please use this 90-day period to migrate to the new URL. After 90 days, the old URL (
https://rdap.arin.net/bootstrap) will no longer be supported.
RDAP Bootstrap Server Software Updates
The new RDAP bootstrap server version 2.0.1 is available on github at https://github.com/arineng/rdap_bootstrap_server/releases/tag/2.0.1 and the README file is available at https://github.com/arineng/rdap_bootstrap_server/blob/2.0.1/README.md
This RDAP bootstrap server software version includes the following changes:
- Updated IANA bootstrap files to the latest version
- Provided a built-in scheduler to configure downloading of IANA bootstrap files at certain intervals (fulfilling a request for this functionality)
- Added ability to build a Docker image of the software
- Added ability to run as a Spring Boot application
- Upgraded to build against Java 11 or higher
Notice of Upcoming nicinfo Release
To comply with the RDAP bootstrap URL update, our RDAP client, nicinfo, will be updated soon. We suggest that users update to nicinfo version 1.5.0 when it is released. More information about nicinfo is available on github at https://github.com/arineng/nicinfo – if you are logged in to github, you can select the Watch icon to be notified of new releases.
- 4 December Early Closing Information
- Security Improvements for Whois-RWS, RDAP, and www.arin.net
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Gary Giesen Appointed to Advisory Council
- ARIN Software and System Updates
- Billing System Maintenance Scheduled for 20-21 November
- Nomination Period Extended - ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board of Directors
- ARIN 46 Meeting Report Now Available
- 2020 ARIN Election Results
- 2020 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- » View Archive