ARIN Software and System Updates
Posted: Saturday, 21 November 2020
ARIN recently made updates to its software and systems, including ARIN Online. Full release notes are included at the end of this message.
ARIN systems are operating normally. If you have questions, comments, or issues, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
We completed a number of infrastructure improvements and bug fixes, including the following updates.
ARIN Online Updates
Updated financial and billing functions in ARIN Online.
Fixed zonegen timing issue that caused slow publishing of zones for ERX snippets received from other RIRs.
ARIN Whois Updates
The URL for Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) bootstrap queries has changed to
https://rdap-bootstrap.arin.net/bootstrap. If you have queries that use our RDAP bootstrap server, please update your links. Note that the current URL,
https://rdap.arin.net/bootstrap, will be supported for 90 days, and that support will end on 18 February, 2021. Please use this 90-day period to migrate to the new URL. After 90 days, the old URL (
https://rdap.arin.net/bootstrap) will no longer be supported.
RDAP Bootstrap Server Software Updates
The new RDAP bootstrap server version 2.0.1 is available on github at https://github.com/arineng/rdap_bootstrap_server/releases/tag/2.0.1 and the README file is available at https://github.com/arineng/rdap_bootstrap_server/blob/2.0.1/README.md
This RDAP bootstrap server software version includes the following changes:
- Updated IANA bootstrap files to the latest version
- Provided a built-in scheduler to configure downloading of IANA bootstrap files at certain intervals (fulfilling a request for this functionality)
- Added ability to build a Docker image of the software
- Added ability to run as a Spring Boot application
- Upgraded to build against Java 11 or higher
Notice of Upcoming nicinfo Release
To comply with the RDAP bootstrap URL update, our RDAP client, nicinfo, will be updated soon. We suggest that users update to nicinfo version 1.5.0 when it is released. More information about nicinfo is available on github at https://github.com/arineng/nicinfo – if you are logged in to github, you can select the Watch icon to be notified of new releases.
- ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 48 Begins Today
- ARIN 48 Hotel Discount Expires Soon
- Rank the Proposed Questions for the 2021 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- ARIN Has a New Blog
- Congratulations to ARIN 48 Selected Fellows
- Submit Your Questions for Candidates in the 2021 ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- Meet the Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
- Don't Miss the Second Chance to Join Us - Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- » View Archive