New Features Added to ARIN Online
Posted: Monday, 07 June 2021
ARIN is pleased to present the latest version of ARIN Online, including improvements, new features, and updates. Full release notes are included at the end of this message.
All ARIN systems have been restored and are now operating normally. We thank you for your patience. If you have additional questions, comments, or issues, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
We completed a number of application and infrastructure improvements and bug fixes, including:
Password and login improvements:
- Implemented guidelines for user account passwords per NIST Special Publication 800-63B. This change addresses community feedback received during ACSP Consultation 2021.2: Password Security for ARIN Online Accounts and satisfies ACSP 2018.22.
- Added an optional password generator tool in ARIN Online.
- Implemented rate limiting (throttling) for failed login attempts per the guidelines in NIST Special Publication 800-63B Section 5.2.2 to fine-tune account locking behavior. (ACSP 2020.16).
Internet Routing Registry:
- IRR objects created in the ARIN Online graphical user interface (GUI) can now be edited and deleted using the RESTful API. Since one was able to add IRR objects in a previous release, full functionality (add/modify/delete) for the IRR is now supported through the GUI. We will be soon releasing a feature to allow for users to use the GUI to add/modify/delete via RPSL formats.
- Added support for XML headers and payloads in the RESTful API.
Updated the Fee Estimate page in ARIN Online to show not only fees under the current ARIN fee schedule, but also fee estimates under the proposed ARIN fee schedule slated to take effect 1 January 2022.
Fixed some accessibility errors in the ARIN Online GUI.
Continued to make improvements to management software and improve system monitoring capabilities.
- Don't Miss the Second Chance to Join Us - Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- Deadline to Apply to ARIN’s Virtual Fellowship Program Extended to 31 August
- Congratulations 2021 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- ARIN 48 Registration Now Open
- Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- ACSP Consultation 2021.4 – Retiring the Officer Attestation Requirement is Now Closed
- NRPM 2021.2 - New Policies Implemented
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Closing the ARIN-discuss Mailing List
- Consultation on Retiring the Officer Attestation Requirement
- » View Archive