ARIN 47 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
Posted: Thursday, 08 April 2021
Monday kicks off the ARIN 47 Virtual Public Policy and Members Meeting, where we will be in the thick of important community discussions on the following policies:
- Adopted Policy ARIN-2020-2: Reinstatement of Organizations Removed from Waitlist by Implementation of ARIN-2019-16
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-7: 4.4 gTLD Micro-allocation Clarification
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-8: Clarify and Update 18.104.22.168 Annual Renewal Fee
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-10: Removal of Requirement to Demonstrate Utilization of Reassignments and Reallocations for ISPs Seeking Initial Allocation from ARIN
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-11: Add Textual Description for the Number Resource Hierarchy Image in Section 2
- Draft Policy ARIN-2021-1: ASN Clarifications to Sections 2, 8 and 10
- Draft Policy ARIN-2021-2: Special Use IPv4 Space Out of Scope for Purposes of Determining Waitlist Eligibility
All draft policy text is available at:
We will be featuring a keynote presentation from Dave Monnier, Team Cymru Fellow at Team Cymru, Inc. titled “A Day in Internet Miscreancy: Why Security Policy and Practice Matter.” ARIN would like to thank Team Cymru for its Bronze Sponsorship of ARIN 47.
We will also hold a panel discussion titled “IPv4 Transfer Market Trends.”
We’re excited to tell you about the enhancement lineup we have in place for ARIN 47:
- We miss those hallway hellos as people were coming and going, so we plan to allow attendees into Zoom 15 minutes before the meeting begins so folks can say hello to one another. We will be providing some music and fun slides during this time for you to enjoy as well!
- Join us after the close of the meeting on 12 April to enjoy a homemade appetizer and cocktail (or mocktail) of your choosing and say hello to your fellow attendees. Choose from rooms named after all of the places you have missed gathering in during the pandemic: Campfire, Sports Bar, Cooking Demo, Coffee Shop, Arcade, Pet Friendly Fun. And the ARIN Cook(ie) Book was such a hit at the last meeting, that we have created a DIY Happy Hour Cookbook (https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_47/materials/cookbook.pdf) with tasty ideas that you can try out!
- During the breaks on 12 and 13 April, stick around for a short, 10-minute seated stretching session.
- On 12 April, we’ll be hosting an ARIN Trivia game. Newcomers are welcome to join in! It’s a great way to learn more about ARIN.
- On 13 April, we’ll be playing an ARIN-themed “Word Scramble.” We’ll show you a series of mixed up words and you will need to be the first to respond with the correct answer.
You only have to register once to attend any and all meeting dates. We recently switched event registration systems, so when registering for the meeting, make note of the password you use to complete your registration. You will need this password to access the virtual meeting on the meeting days!
One hour before the meeting starts each day, you will receive a reminder email containing the link to attend that day’s session. This same link will be used to access all three days of the meeting.
Leading up to the meeting, we want to make sure you are ready to participate. To help you prepare, ARIN has published the meeting materials online for you to review or download beforehand. Just visit:
Presentations will be posted as they are submitted, so make sure to watch this space as we approach the start time.
Need a refresher on ARIN’s Policy Development Process (PDP) before joining us to talk policy? You may want to check out the on-demand version of our PDP webinar, which covers the entire process, start to finish:
View the full agenda and register today for this meeting while there’s still time:
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation!
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online
- Results of ARIN’s Prioritization Survey
- ARIN 51 Registration Now Open
- Reminder — Set Up 2FA On Your ARIN Online Account Before 1 February
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- An Update on ARIN’s Two-Factor Authentication
- Meet the 2023 Fellowship Selection Committee
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Now Posted on the ARIN Blog – 2021 ARIN Community Grant Program Final Reports
- Reminder to Set Up 2FA on Your ARIN Online Account Before 1 February 2023
- » View Archive