ARIN 46 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
Posted: Tuesday, 13 October 2020
This week kicks off the ARIN 46 Virtual Public Policy and Members Meeting, where we will be in the thick of important community discussions on the following policies:
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-1: Clarify Holding Period for Resources Received via 4.1.8 Waitlist
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-2: Reinstatement of Organizations Removed from Waitlist by Implementation of 2019-16
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-3: IPv6 Nano-Allocations
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-5: Clarify and Update Requirements for Allocations to Downstream Customers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-7: 4.4 gTLD micro-allocation clarification
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-8: Clarify and Update 22.214.171.124 Annual Renewal Fee
All draft policy text is available at:
The ARIN 46 agenda will also feature several other informative sessions, including updates on routing security, services, our customer satisfaction survey, and much more.
If you attended ARIN 45 in June, you were one of the lucky ones to experience our first completely virtual meeting. While we received great feedback on how that meeting went, we’re excited to introduce a few enhancements we’ll be making to ARIN 46 now that we have more planning time and experience.
- We plan to allow attendees into Zoom 15 minutes before the meeting starts each day so folks can say hello to one another. We will be providing some music and fun slides during this time for you to enjoy as well!
- During the 30-minute breaks on 14 and 15 October, you can stick around for a short, 10-minute seated stretching session at the beginning of each break.
- On 14 October, we’ll be playing “Buzzword Bingo.” Whether you are a rookie or a seasoned pro, this is your chance to shine and get comfortable with the terminology used in our community. We’ll be sending out bingo boards in advance, which you will fill in with a word bank of buzz words you typically hear at ARIN meetings.
- On 15 October we’ll be hosting an ARIN Trivia game. Newcomers are welcome to join in! It’s a great way to learn more about ARIN.
We will also be hosting six breakout sessions at the end of the day on 14 October. Participants will be able to visit as many rooms as they want during the session and can move around or leave at any point. These will act just like the table topics we normally have during lunch. Folks can access all breakout rooms by visiting the following URL at the close of the meeting on 14 October:
We want to make sure you can participate in the meeting using all the functionality the latest version of Zoom has to offer. For an optimal experience, we recommend that you run Zoom Version 5.3.0 or higher.
One hour before the meeting starts each day, registered attendees will receive an email from “ARIN firstname.lastname@example.org“ with the URL for that day’s session. These links are not identical, so be sure you use the correct one for each day.
Leading up to the meeting, we want to make sure you are ready to participate. To help you prepare, ARIN has published all of the meeting materials online for you to review or download beforehand. Just visit:
Need a refresher on ARIN’s Policy Development Process (PDP) before joining us to talk policy? You may want to check out the on-demand version of our PDP webinar, which covers the entire process, start to finish:
View the full agenda and register today for this meeting while there’s still time:
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation!
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- New Webinar Registration Now Open--Using ARIN's RESTful API for IRR
- Reminder--Upcoming Change to RDAP Bootstrap URL Planned for 30 June 2021
- ARIN 47 Begins Today
- Consultation on ARIN Fees
- ARIN 47 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
- ARIN 48 to Be a Hybrid Event This Fall
- ACSP Consultation 2021.2 - Password Security for ARIN Online Accounts is now Closed
- New ARIN Service Status Page Available
- Introducing Premier Support Plan at ARIN
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- » View Archive