Policy, Elections, and More Coming up at ARIN 46
Posted: Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Have you heard? Registration is now open for ARIN 46, and we want you to join us!
The ARIN 46 Public Policy and Members Meeting will be spread out over two sets of dates, 14-15 October and 23 October, and registering just once grants you access to all days of the meeting. On 14-15 October, we will be conducting policy discussions and providing ARIN operational reports. On 23 October, we will reconvene for the Members Meeting and to discuss the 2020 ARIN Elections and meet our candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council.
During ARIN 46, the ARIN Advisory Council will be seeking your feedback on the following policies:
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-1: Clarify Holding Period for Resources Received via 4.1.8 Waitlist
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-2: Reinstatement of Organizations Removed from Waitlist by Implementation of ARIN-2019-16
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-3: IPv6 Nano-allocations
- Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2020-5: Clarify and Update Requirements for Allocations to Downstream Customers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-6: Allowance for IPv4 Allocation “Swap” Transactions via 8.3 Specified Transfers and 8.4 Inter-RIR Transfers
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-7: 4.4 gTLD micro-allocation clarification
- Draft Policy ARIN-2020-8: Clarify and Update 188.8.131.52 Annual Renewal Fee
All draft policy text is available at:
Just like our last virtual meeting, ARIN 46 will be held via Zoom. We will provide the same remote participation options for ARIN 46 that we usually do for our in-person Public Policy and Members Meetings, utilizing features inside the Zoom webinar platform. We’re also planning a few exciting enhancements that we’re bringing to ARIN 46, which we’ll be sharing more about in a blog post coming soon.
In addition to the dates above, don’t forget to save the date for the ARIN 46 Newcomer Orientation and Policy Preview! All registrants will be invited to participate in an optional Newcomer Orientation and Policy Preview on 7 October. We welcome all first-time ARIN meeting attendees to come learn about ARIN and find out how to make the most of your meeting experience.
We hope to see you online for ARIN 46! If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- 2020 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- Vote Now in the 2020 ARIN Elections
- Security Improvements for Whois-RWS, RDAP, and www.arin.net
- ARIN Awards Community Grants to 8 Projects in 2020
- Don’t Forget to Attend the Third and Final Day of ARIN 46
- ARIN 46 Begins Today
- ARIN 46 Will Be Here Soon – Get Ready!
- Prioritize the Questions for the 2020 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- ARIN General Counsel Announcement
- ARIN Announces the 2020 ARIN Election Final Slate of Candidates
- » View Archive