Reminder--Servers Available to Test Upcoming SWIP Changes
Posted: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
As a reminder, to help you prepare for our community-driven policy changes scheduled to take place the week of 30 March 2020, we have provided special servers in our Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) Environment. If you are an ISP who performs Detailed Reassignments or Reallocations of IP addresses to customers, we recommend that you use these servers to test the configuration changes that you will need to make as a result of the policy changes.
With the changes to our system, you will no longer be able to create POCs or Org IDs for your downstream customers when using the Detailed Reassignment or Reallocation methods of SWIP. The policies establish that POCs and Org IDs shall only be created by the individual or entity represented by the organization. Currently, about 50 percent of the Detailed Reassignment and Reallocation requests submitted create POCs and Org IDs. After the policy implementation the week of 30 March 2020, all of these SWIPs will fail to process.
To test RESTful calls using the OT&E server, modify your RESTful commands to use the URL
reg-swip.ote.arin.net in place of
reg.arin.net. Documentation for RESTful commands can be found here: https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/regrws/
To try out the reassignment and reallocation changes in ARIN Online, access the OT&E server at https://account-swip.ote.arin.net/public/login and navigate to IP Addresses > Reassign Addresses to begin testing.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Policy, Elections, and More Coming up at ARIN 46
- What Questions Do You Have for Candidates in the 2020 ARIN Elections?
- NRPM 2020.2 - New Policies Implemented
- ARIN Announces Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2020 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
- ARIN 46 Registration Now Open
- 12-13 August RPKI Outage: Update
- 2020 ARIN Election Timeline Changes
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Maintenance Outage for ARIN's Payment Processing System on 17 August
- Last Chance to Complete ARIN Customer Satisfaction Survey
- » View Archive