Reminder--Servers Available to Test Upcoming SWIP Changes
Posted: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
As a reminder, to help you prepare for our community-driven policy changes scheduled to take place the week of 30 March 2020, we have provided special servers in our Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) Environment. If you are an ISP who performs Detailed Reassignments or Reallocations of IP addresses to customers, we recommend that you use these servers to test the configuration changes that you will need to make as a result of the policy changes.
With the changes to our system, you will no longer be able to create POCs or Org IDs for your downstream customers when using the Detailed Reassignment or Reallocation methods of SWIP. The policies establish that POCs and Org IDs shall only be created by the individual or entity represented by the organization. Currently, about 50 percent of the Detailed Reassignment and Reallocation requests submitted create POCs and Org IDs. After the policy implementation the week of 30 March 2020, all of these SWIPs will fail to process.
To test RESTful calls using the OT&E server, modify your RESTful commands to use the URL
reg-swip.ote.arin.net in place of
reg.arin.net. Documentation for RESTful commands can be found here: https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/regrws/
To try out the reassignment and reallocation changes in ARIN Online, access the OT&E server at https://account-swip.ote.arin.net/public/login and navigate to IP Addresses > Reassign Addresses to begin testing.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- » View Archive