Call for Nominations: ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council
Posted: Monday, 21 July 2014
General Members in Good Standing are invited to nominate candidates for two seats on the Board of Trustees and seven seats on the Advisory Council.
Nomination details are included below. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Board members Timothy Denton and Bill Woodcock will conclude their current three-year terms on 31 December 2014.
Advisory Council representatives Dan Alexander, Kevin Blumberg, Bill Darte, David Farmer, and John Sweeting will conclude their current three-year terms on 31 December 2014. Advisory Council member Andrew Dul will also conclude his one-year Advisory Council appointment, creating an additional seat for a one-year term. There is another one-year term available to complete the term for the seat vacated by former Advisory Council Member Stacy Hughes.
New Board and Advisory Council terms begin 1 January 2015. ARIN Board and Advisory Council incumbents may be re-elected for consecutive terms.
The Board of Trustees and Advisory Council elections have a Nomination Committee (NomCom) that is responsible for identifying, recruiting, and certifying a properly selected slate of candidates to be placed in nomination before the membership for election. This year's NomCom members are Board of Trustee members Aaron Hughes (NomCom Chair) and Paul Andersen and general member volunteers John Brown, Byron Holland, Stephen Middleton, Tina Morris, and John Springer.
Communications and Member Services
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- You must be a Trustee or an ARIN General Member in Good Standing to make nominations. Nominees do not need to be ARIN members. Self-nominations from General Members in Good Standing are permitted. For nomination instructions, click here.
- All nominees must confirm that they qualify to serve and do not violate the Nomination and Appointment Conflict of Interest List.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00 PM ET on Tuesday, 20 August 2014. In accordance with ARIN's Bylaws, each Trustee or General Member in Good Standing may make up to three nominations for each open seat.
- Each nominee must submit the nominee questionnaire by 5:00 PM ET on Monday 25 August. The 2014 questionnaires are incoming soon and will be available for review here.
- ARIN will contact all nominees via email and/or telephone to verify that they are willing and able to fulfill a three-year term. If ARIN cannot reach the nominee, the nomination will be rejected.
- Read the Requirements and Responsibilities of Board and Advisory Council Members.
These are archives of announcements, and have generally not been updated since they were published. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references may be out-of-date or no longer available.