Policy Proposal 2003-16: POC Verification [Archived]
OUT OF DATE?
Here in the Vault, information is published in its final form and then not changed or updated. As a result, some content, specifically links to other pages and other references, may be out-of-date or no longer available.
Formal introduction on PPML on 11 August 2003
ARIN Public Policy Meeting:
ARIN Advisory Council:
ARIN Board of Trustees:
ARIN Advisory Council
ARIN will provide a form on their Web site to allow the Internet community at large to notify ARIN that a POC may be inaccurate. The status of POC verification will be displayed in WHOIS including the last verified date.
POC Verification States:
- Not Verified: Verification of the POC has never been attempted or requested. This would be the initial state of every existing or new POC.
- Verified: The POC has been verified at some time in the past and there are no outstanding notifications.
- In-Process: ARIN is currently investigating the accuracy of the POC.
- Delinquent: ARIN has attempted but been unable to verify the accuracy of the POC.
Last Verified Date:
- The WHOIS database will list the date when the POC data was last verified unless the POC is in “Not Verified” status.
Verification requests for a POC should only be accepted if the POC has never been verified or if more than six months have passed since the last verification.
During the verification process, ARIN staff shall make all reasonable efforts to contact and verify the POC based on procedures to be set forth by ARIN management. Such procedures shall be published on the ARIN web site and may be updated by ARIN management as the need arises.
ARIN shall publish a list in machine-parseable form identifying the current verification status of all POCs. The details of this publication procedure are left to ARIN management.
This policy is intended to provide the Internet community with information regarding the accuracy of POC data listed in the ARIN WHOIS database. This policy is designed to provide a framework for the ARIN staff to implement a system to publicly track the accuracy of a POC’s data.
Timetable for implementation: 30 days after ratification