ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 1 Security Certification
Posted: Monday, 13 February 2023
ARIN is pleased to announce that it has successfully completed the Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 1 audit of its Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) as of December 2022.
SOC 2 is a gold standard in security compliance developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). ARIN worked with an independent auditing firm to complete the SOC 2 Type 1 audit, which confirms that ARIN’s information security policies and procedures include controls designed and implemented to meet the SOC 2 standards against which our community has requested we certify.
ARIN has always strived to be a leader in Internet operations and becoming SOC 2 certified was the next step to help continue our mission to support the operation and growth of the Internet. We hope this allows our members to feel confident that ARIN is listening to them and making investments in our security future. And there is no more logical place to start than with ARIN’s RPKI, the key to secure routing.
ARIN’s successful SOC 2 compliance demonstrates our ongoing commitment to protecting sensitive customer and organizational data from unauthorized access via its infrastructure, tools, and processes.
Achieving this certification is a significant milestone in ARIN’s ongoing security efforts, but the journey is not over. We look forward to completing our SOC 2 Type 2 audit this year and will notify the community upon its completion.
Chief Information Security Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
About Security at ARIN
For more information on ARIN’s SOC 2 Type 1 certification and other security practices, please visit https://www.arin.net/security.
- Results of Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
- Results of Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options in ARIN Online
- Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending 31 December 2023
- Congratulations to the ARIN 51 Selected Fellows
- NRPM 2023.1 - New Policies Implemented
- Now Closed – Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- LRSA Information for Governmental Entities/Institutions
- Bram Abramson Resigns from ARIN Board of Trustees
- Now Closed – Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online
- » View Archive