An Update on ARIN’s Two-Factor Authentication
Posted: Thursday, 29 December 2022
Effective February 1, 2023, ARIN will be enforcing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on all ARIN Online accounts. We strongly encourage account holders to set up 2FA in advance of the flag day for enforcement so that this change is not interruptive to your account access.
Currently, users can select between using an authenticator app or enabling SMS text messages for authentication. After January 3, 2023, users will also be able to authenticate using a FIDO2/Passkey device.
Any new activations of voice call authentication are not available at this time. Work is underway to restore this option.
To learn more about the available 2FA options, including where ARIN supports SMS, please visit: https://www.arin.net/reference/materials/security/twofactor/.
Please note that ARIN only supports SMS inside our region, and that SMS availability may be impacted by your service provider. If you are unable to use SMS, we encourage you to use an authenticator app or FIDO2/Passkey (after January 3, 2023) as an alternative to avoid this issue.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- » View Archive