An Update on ARIN’s Two-Factor Authentication
Posted: Thursday, 29 December 2022
Effective February 1, 2023, ARIN will be enforcing Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on all ARIN Online accounts. We strongly encourage account holders to set up 2FA in advance of the flag day for enforcement so that this change is not interruptive to your account access.
Currently, users can select between using an authenticator app or enabling SMS text messages for authentication. After January 3, 2023, users will also be able to authenticate using a FIDO2/Passkey device.
Any new activations of voice call authentication are not available at this time. Work is underway to restore this option.
To learn more about the available 2FA options, including where ARIN supports SMS, please visit: https://www.arin.net/reference/materials/security/twofactor/.
Please note that ARIN only supports SMS inside our region, and that SMS availability may be impacted by your service provider. If you are unable to use SMS, we encourage you to use an authenticator app or FIDO2/Passkey (after January 3, 2023) as an alternative to avoid this issue.
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online
- Results of ARIN’s Prioritization Survey
- ARIN 51 Registration Now Open
- Reminder — Set Up 2FA On Your ARIN Online Account Before 1 February
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- An Update on ARIN’s Two-Factor Authentication
- Meet the 2023 Fellowship Selection Committee
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Now Posted on the ARIN Blog – 2021 ARIN Community Grant Program Final Reports
- Reminder to Set Up 2FA on Your ARIN Online Account Before 1 February 2023
- » View Archive