The ARIN Test of the RPKI, Announced on 5 August, Has Been Completed
Posted: Thursday, 08 September 2022
Beginning at 11:00 AM ET (UTC-4) on 6 September 2022, ARIN began restricting access to the sites that serve the ARIN Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Hosted and RPS (hybrid) repositories. At 12:00 PM, all access was administratively blocked, and the repository was made unavailable. At 1:04 PM, access to the repositories was restored. Full redundancy of services was confirmed at 1:18 PM.
Data from the test is being collected and reviewed. ARIN will share our observations made before, during and at the conclusion of this event. ARIN will also share more details regarding our preparations, the steps taken during the execution of the test, and the expected outcome.
ARIN did not make the decision to perform this test of RPKI lightly. Executing this test in a controlled environment would not give an accurate representation of the performance and preparedness of participants in the RPKI community, which is why we made the conscious decision to use the ARIN production environment to perform this test.
We appreciate the patience and understanding of participants in the RPKI community leading up to today’s activity. Our goal at ARIN is to continue being a valued resource for our member organizations and the global Internet community.
Senior Product Owner, Routing Security
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on Expanding 2FA Options for ARIN Online
- Results of ARIN’s Prioritization Survey
- ARIN 51 Registration Now Open
- Reminder — Set Up 2FA On Your ARIN Online Account Before 1 February
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- An Update on ARIN’s Two-Factor Authentication
- Meet the 2023 Fellowship Selection Committee
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Now Posted on the ARIN Blog – 2021 ARIN Community Grant Program Final Reports
- Reminder to Set Up 2FA on Your ARIN Online Account Before 1 February 2023
- » View Archive