Notice of Upcoming Test of RPKI Infrastructure
Posted: Friday, 05 August 2022
ARIN remains committed to providing high availability services to organizations that rely on our products, especially the critical RPKI infrastructure operated by ARIN. We also want to ensure that ARIN and the greater RPKI community are prepared in the unlikely event that access to ARIN’s RPKI repository becomes unavailable. We encourage operators utilizing ARIN’s RPKI repository data to follow the best practices as described in RFC 7115 / BCP 185 – specifically falling back to routing based on unvalidated announcements (i.e. NotFound validity state) in the absence of RPKI data availability.
In July of 2021, ARIN removed external access to repository services to exercise Relying Party software resilience. During the month of September, ARIN will be testing the robustness of RPKI infrastructure against various failure modes. This test will include a 60-minute window where ARIN’s RPKI repository services (RRDP & rsync) will be made unavailable. ARIN recommends all organizations review their RPKI deployments in preparation for this test.
ARIN thanks you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our RPKI infrastructure running at peak performance, as expected by those who have embraced RPKI as a component to enhancing routing security. We encourage everyone to follow best practices in your use of RPKI so that it may become widely deployed in the Internet community in a responsible manner.
Senior Product Owner, Routing Security
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Apply Now for the ARIN 50 Fellowship Program
- Now Available to All Customers — ARIN’s Premier Support Plan
- Notice of Upcoming Test of RPKI Infrastructure
- ARIN Network Maintenance Scheduled for 10 August
- ARIN Services Prioritization Survey is now Open to General Members
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ARIN on the Road is heading to Savannah and Northern Virginia this fall!
- Consultation on Whether ARIN Should Have a Public ARIN Discussion Mailing List is Now Closed
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Now Closed - ACSP Consultation 2022.4 - Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for ARIN Online Accounts
- » View Archive