2021 ARIN Election Results
Posted: Wednesday, 17 November 2021
The 2021 ARIN Elections concluded at 5:00 PM ET on Friday, 12 November, and ARIN wishes to congratulate those elected by the community to serve on the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council (AC), and NRO Number Council.
Board of Trustees
Bram Abramson has been elected, and incumbent Peter Harrison has been re-elected to the Board of Trustees. Each will serve a three-year term commencing 1 January 2022. I hope you will join myself and rest of the Board of Trustees in thanking Ron da Silva, Dan Alexander, and Jeffrey Bedser for their participation in this year’s election. Their considerable contributions to ARIN, and across all levels of the Internet community, are deeply appreciated and we look forward to their continued participation.
Brian Jones and Chris Woodfield have been elected, and incumbents Kat Hunter, Amy Potter, Kerrie Richards, Rob Seastrom, and Alicia Trotman have all been re-elected to the Advisory Council for terms beginning 1 January 2021. Based on vote totals, Kerrie Richards and Brian Jones will serve one-year terms to finish incomplete terms of previous Advisory Council members, and the rest will serve three-year terms. The Board of Trustees thanks Jeffry Handal and Karl Morin for their participation in this year’s Advisory Council elections and looks forward to their continued involvement in our community, including ARIN’s Policy Development Process (PDP).
NRO Number Council
Chris Quesada has been elected to a seat on the NRO Number Council from the ARIN region. His three-year term will begin 1 January 2022. The Board of Trustees wishes to thank John Barfield for his participation as a candidate in this year’s election and looks forward to his continued participation within ARIN and global Internet community.
Thanks and Appreciation
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I would like to recognize and thank outgoing Board member Paul Andersen. Paul has served the ARIN community and membership for many years on both the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and we hope you’ll join us in thanking him for his leadership, his dedication, and so much of his time. We look forward to his continuing participation in the ARIN community.
We also wish to extend sincere and heartfelt thanks to Louie Lee, outgoing representative on the NRO Number Council for his many years of service and significant contributions to ARIN and the global Internet community. In addition, we would like to extend our appreciation to outgoing Advisory Council member Gary Giesen for his time serving on the Advisory Council.
Chair, ARIN Board of Trustees
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws and ARIN Election Processes:
- Call for nominations for the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council went out to ARIN Members via the ARIN Announce mailing list and ARIN’s website.
- ARIN’s Call for Nominations closed at the specified date and time as publicly announced and included the opportunity for the receipt of nominations by petition.
- Upon receipt of two petitions, ARIN notified the membership of the petitions and provided eligible members the opportunity to show support for either petition. After the required period, both petitions were successful.
- ARIN’s President and CEO notified the Membership of the initial and final slate of candidates for the Board of Trustees and Advisory Council, and NRO Number Council.
- Candidate biographies were posted to the ARIN website and the Voting Contacts of all eligible General Members in Good Standing were sent an email with a link to the 2021 Voter Guide that contained the candidate biographies.
- Each candidate was provided an opportunity to address the ARIN Membership at the ARIN 48 Election Forum on Thursday, 28 October 2021.
In accordance with the ARIN Bylaws:
- ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, certified a list of eligible member organizations and affiliated Voting Contacts and ARIN Board of Trustee Bill Sandiford, confirmed the President’s review.
- Online voting for General Members in Good Standing began 4 November 2021 at 1:00 PM EDT.
- Voting closed eight days later on 12 November 2021 at 5:00 PM EST.
- All online votes were confirmed.
- Quorum was achieved as ballots were cast by over 5% of the total eligible members.
- The adherence to the approved voting procedure and the vote tally were confirmed by ARIN President and CEO, John Curran, ARIN Board of Trustee Bill Sandiford, and ARIN General Counsel, Michael Abejuela.
- The results are provided below. The election process and results have been verified according to the requirements of the ARIN Bylaws.
|3||Ron da Silva||247||37.14%|
Number of Voters: 528 (on behalf of 665 ARIN Member organizations)
Percentage Voted: 8.86% of total voting contacts (10.38% of total eligible members)
Number of Voters: 518 (on behalf of 648 ARIN Member organizations)
Percentage Voted: 8.69% of total voting contacts (10.11% of total eligible members)
* Will serve one-year terms to finish existing open seats
Total Number of Voters: 684; 521 Voting Contacts on behalf of 637 ARIN Member organizations, plus 47 NANOG 83 and/or ARIN 48 Meeting attendees.
2021 Voter Statistics
- 7,348 ARIN Members as of 20 September 2021
- 6,409 ARIN eligible Voting Organizations** as of 20 September 2021
- ARIN Board of Trustees election: 528 Voting Contacts on behalf of 665 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Board of Trustees election
- ARIN Advisory Council election: 518 Voting Contacts on behalf of 648 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the ARIN Advisory Council election
- NRO NC election: 47 NANOG and ARIN meeting attendees plus 521 Voting Contacts on behalf of 637 unique ARIN Member organizations cast a ballot in the NRO NC election.
**ARIN Member in Good Standing with a properly registered Voting Contact linked to an ARIN Online account as of 20 September 2021.
- Retirement of ARIN Non-Authenticated IRR on 31 March 2022
- ARIN 48 Meeting Report Now Available
- 2021 ARIN Election Results
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ARIN Board Officer Update
- Reminder - Consultation on ARIN’s Membership Structure
- The ARIN 48 Members Meeting is Today
- Consultation on ARIN’s Membership Structure
- ARIN Announces the Final Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections
- Rank the Proposed Questions for the 2021 ARIN Election Candidate Forums
- » View Archive