Meet the Initial Slate of Candidates for the 2021 ARIN Elections; Petition Period Open
Posted: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
Candidates for ARIN Elections
Elections will be held online from 4 November 2021 through 5:00 PM EST on 12 November 2021. These elections will fill the two open seats on the Board of Trustees and seven open seats on the Advisory Council. The 2021 Nomination Committee has put forward the following candidates who have agreed to run for the terms that begin on 1 January 2022:
Board of Trustees Candidates
- Bram Abramson, 32M
- Jeffrey Bedser
- Peter Harrison, Colovore LLC
Advisory Council Candidates
- Jeffry Handal, Cisco
- Kat Hunter, Comcast LLC
- Brian Jones, Virginia Tech
- Karl Morin, Hive Data Center, QIX
- Amy Potter, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Kerrie Richards, Business Growth Rocket, Young Entrepreneurs Association of Jamaica, ISOC Jamaica Chapter
- Sami Sabat, Right Tech Internet Inc.
- Rob Seastrom, Capital One, ClueTrust
- Alicia Trotman, CaribNOG
- Chris Woodfield, Twitter, Inc., NANOG
A compilation of candidate biographies and questionnaire responses is available at:
You are encouraged to submit and view Statements of Support for the candidates at:
Please note that all candidate Statements of Support are automatically held for moderation and will be posted, upon approval, within one business day.
Call for Petitions
The Call for Petitions is also now open. Any individual, regardless of membership status, may be placed on the ballot for election to the ARIN Board of Trustees or Advisory Council if they successfully complete the ARIN petition process. (ARIN Bylaws, Article VIII, Section 2.b.) Expressions of intent to petition are due before 1:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, 28 September 2021.
For a candidate to be placed on the ballot, a petition must obtain the support of at least 124 eligible Voting Contacts from General Members in Good Standing (2% of eligible voters as of 18 June 2021 when nominations opened) between 12:00 PM EDT 4 October 2021 through 12:00 PM EDT 18 October 2021. Petitions may be submitted at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021Petition. For additional details about the petition process, please visit: https://www.arin.net/participate/oversight/elections/processes/#petition-process
ARIN will announce the final Slate of Candidates for the ARIN Board of Trustees and Advisory Council no later than 19 October 2021.
We hope you will join us in offering congratulations and wishing good luck to this year’s candidates. ARIN acknowledges and appreciates the time and commitment that elected candidates are willing to make toward ensuring the viability and growth of ARIN, the community, and the Internet. ARIN also recognizes and wishes to thank its member organizations, specifically the designated Voting Contacts, whose ongoing involvement and ballots are crucial for electing ARIN leadership who will help shape the future of ARIN and the Internet. ARIN would also like to thank the members of the Nomination Committee who worked hard to produce a solid lineup of candidates for this year’s elections. For questions related to the election process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on RPKI/BGP Intelligence
- Reclassification of Inactive General Members Completed 30 January 2024
- ARIN 53 Registration Now Open
- Email Template Retirement Scheduled for 3 June 2024
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Meet the 2024 Fellowship Selection Committee
- IPv4 Waiting List Distribution
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- » View Archive