Notice of upcoming maintenance to ARIN’s RPKI infrastructure
Posted: Wednesday, 02 June 2021
ARIN is committed to being a valued resource for the member community by providing high availability services to organizations that rely on our products, including critical RPKI infrastructure operated by ARIN. We want to ensure that ARIN and the greater RPKI community are prepared in the unlikely event that access to ARIN’s RPKI repository becomes unavailable. To that end, we encourage operators utilizing ARIN’s RPKI repository data to follow the best practices as described in RFC 7115 / BCP 185 – specifically falling back to routing on unvalidated announcements (i.e. NotFound validity state) in the absence of RPKI data availability.
In order to achieve this goal, ARIN intends to conduct brief (30 minute) unannounced maintenance during the month of July and encourages all organizations that take action based on RPKI route classifications to review their operational model before that time.
ARIN thanks you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our RPKI infrastructure running at peak performance, as expected by those who have embraced RPKI as a component to enhancing routing security. We encourage everyone to follow best practices in your use of RPKI so that it may become widely deployed in the internet community in a responsible manner.
Senior Product Owner, Routing Security
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- The 2023 Nomination Committee
- 2022 Annual Report Now Available
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Register Today for Our “Get to Know the ARIN Policy Development Process” Webinar
- Announcing the 2023 ARIN Grant Selection Committee
- Last Chance to Complete the ARIN Customer Satisfaction Survey
- ARIN Online Maintenance Scheduled for 13 May
- ARIN 51 Meeting Report Now Available
- New Policy Development Process Now Implemented
- Billing System Maintenance Scheduled for 27 April
- » View Archive