Notice of upcoming maintenance to ARIN’s RPKI infrastructure
Posted: Wednesday, 02 June 2021
ARIN is committed to being a valued resource for the member community by providing high availability services to organizations that rely on our products, including critical RPKI infrastructure operated by ARIN. We want to ensure that ARIN and the greater RPKI community are prepared in the unlikely event that access to ARIN’s RPKI repository becomes unavailable. To that end, we encourage operators utilizing ARIN’s RPKI repository data to follow the best practices as described in RFC 7115 / BCP 185 – specifically falling back to routing on unvalidated announcements (i.e. NotFound validity state) in the absence of RPKI data availability.
In order to achieve this goal, ARIN intends to conduct brief (30 minute) unannounced maintenance during the month of July and encourages all organizations that take action based on RPKI route classifications to review their operational model before that time.
ARIN thanks you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our RPKI infrastructure running at peak performance, as expected by those who have embraced RPKI as a component to enhancing routing security. We encourage everyone to follow best practices in your use of RPKI so that it may become widely deployed in the internet community in a responsible manner.
Senior Product Owner, Routing Security
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- 2023 Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- » View Archive