Notice of upcoming maintenance to ARIN’s RPKI infrastructure
Posted: Wednesday, 02 June 2021
ARIN is committed to being a valued resource for the member community by providing high availability services to organizations that rely on our products, including critical RPKI infrastructure operated by ARIN. We want to ensure that ARIN and the greater RPKI community are prepared in the unlikely event that access to ARIN’s RPKI repository becomes unavailable. To that end, we encourage operators utilizing ARIN’s RPKI repository data to follow the best practices as described in RFC 7115 / BCP 185 – specifically falling back to routing on unvalidated announcements (i.e. NotFound validity state) in the absence of RPKI data availability.
In order to achieve this goal, ARIN intends to conduct brief (30 minute) unannounced maintenance during the month of July and encourages all organizations that take action based on RPKI route classifications to review their operational model before that time.
ARIN thanks you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our RPKI infrastructure running at peak performance, as expected by those who have embraced RPKI as a component to enhancing routing security. We encourage everyone to follow best practices in your use of RPKI so that it may become widely deployed in the internet community in a responsible manner.
Senior Product Owner, Routing Security
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Don't Miss the Second Chance to Join Us - Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- Deadline to Apply to ARIN’s Virtual Fellowship Program Extended to 31 August
- Congratulations 2021 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- ARIN 48 Registration Now Open
- Enhance your Routing Security Using ARIN's Hosted RPKI
- ACSP Consultation 2021.4 – Retiring the Officer Attestation Requirement is Now Closed
- NRPM 2021.2 - New Policies Implemented
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- Closing the ARIN-discuss Mailing List
- Consultation on Retiring the Officer Attestation Requirement
- » View Archive