Notice of upcoming maintenance to ARIN’s RPKI infrastructure
Posted: Wednesday, 02 June 2021
ARIN is committed to being a valued resource for the member community by providing high availability services to organizations that rely on our products, including critical RPKI infrastructure operated by ARIN. We want to ensure that ARIN and the greater RPKI community are prepared in the unlikely event that access to ARIN’s RPKI repository becomes unavailable. To that end, we encourage operators utilizing ARIN’s RPKI repository data to follow the best practices as described in RFC 7115 / BCP 185 – specifically falling back to routing on unvalidated announcements (i.e. NotFound validity state) in the absence of RPKI data availability.
In order to achieve this goal, ARIN intends to conduct brief (30 minute) unannounced maintenance during the month of July and encourages all organizations that take action based on RPKI route classifications to review their operational model before that time.
ARIN thanks you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our RPKI infrastructure running at peak performance, as expected by those who have embraced RPKI as a component to enhancing routing security. We encourage everyone to follow best practices in your use of RPKI so that it may become widely deployed in the internet community in a responsible manner.
Senior Product Owner, Routing Security
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on Implementing Single Transferrable Voting for ARIN Elections
- New ARIN Mailing List for General Member Discussions
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2022 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Reminder--Retirement of ARIN Non-Authenticated IRR on 31 March 2022
- New ARIN Membership Structure for 2022
- New Features Added to ARIN Online
- ACSP Consultation 2021.6 — Community Consultation on Term Limits for ARIN Board of Trustees is Now Closed
- ARIN’s Log4j Zero-day Bug Vulnerability Review Results
- Support Added for Three TLS Version 1.3 Cipher Suites
- ARIN Governance Working Group Consultation Series
- » View Archive