ARIN 48 to Be a Hybrid Event This Fall
Posted: Tuesday, 06 April 2021
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve repeatedly emphasized how the health and well-being of our community members and ARIN staff is our first priority at all times. We are continuing to follow official guidance from national and local governments with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic and appropriate response measures. In keeping with our commitment to the health and safety of all our attendees, and in order to create opportunities for the community to begin to resume gathering in person, we will be hosting ARIN 48 as a hybrid event with some virtual components.
ARIN 48 will be split into three distinct segments, held over the course of several weeks in late October and early November.
First, in a manner similar to ARIN 47, we will hold the Public Policy Consultation portion of the meeting as a virtual event to allow for maximum participation in this critical element of the Policy Development Process. We will be hosting the meeting over two days on 19-20 October 2021.
Next, we will host the ARIN Election Forum on 28 October 2021. This virtual session will be dedicated to the candidates for the 2021 Election for the Board of Trustees, Advisory Council, and Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC). It will include speeches and the Board and AC Candidate Forums. This session will be recorded and published for on-demand viewing during the remainder of the election cycle.
Finally, we will be holding a hybrid Members Meeting on 4 November 2021, following the conclusion of NANOG 83 at the Hyatt Minneapolis in Minneapolis, MN. Full details about this portion of the meeting will be available when registration opens in September.
This plan is subject to change depending on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and official guidance from national and local governments, but we are optimistic in our planning. We look forward to reconnecting with you at ARIN 48, and we are eager to launch this transition back to in-person events.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
John Curran, President and CEO
Paul Andersen, Chair of the ARIN Board of Trustees
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Consultation on New ARIN Policy Development Process
- Results of Consultation on Open Discussion List
- Congratulations to the 2022 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- Congratulations to the ARIN 50 Selected Fellows
- Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023
- New ARIN Registration Services Agreement
- The ARIN Test of the RPKI, Announced on 5 August, Has Been Completed
- NRPM 2022.2 - New Policies Implemented
- Introducing the 2022 Slate of Candidates for ARIN Elections
- NRO Number Council Candidates Announced for the ARIN Region
- » View Archive