2020/21 ICANN Board Seat 9 Elections: Comment Phase Opens
Posted: Monday, 21 December 2020
This announcement is posted on behalf of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC):
In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) has issued a call for nominations for Seat 9 of the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly during the ICANN 72 Meeting, scheduled from 23-28 October 2021 in Seattle, USA.
Following a call for candidates, the ASO AC is pleased to announce that the following candidates have been nominated (sorted by their first name):
Alan Barrett - https://aso.icann.org/alan-barrett-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Johan Helsingius - https://aso.icann.org/johan-helsingius-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Kemly Camacho Jímenez - https://aso.icann.org/kemly-camacho-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Margarita Valdes - https://aso.icann.org/margarita-valdes-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Nigel Titley - https://aso.icann.org/nigel-titley-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Patrick W. Gilmore - https://aso.icann.org/patrick-w-gilmore-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Peter Thimmesch - https://aso.icann.org/peter-thimmesch-2021-icann-seat-9-nominee/
Ron da Silva - https://aso.icann.org/ron-da-silva-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Sean Kennedy - https://aso.icann.org/sean-kennedy-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Wafa Zaafouri - https://aso.icann.org/wafa-zaafouri-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
The comment phase will begin on 21 December 2020 and will end at 23.59 UTC on 30 March 2021. Comments can be submitted for candidates by clicking on the link next to their name above and adding a comment to their biography.
Please note that, as per section 9.4.5 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures, all comments will be moderated by the ASO Secretariat prior to being published on the ASO website.
For more information on the ICANN Board of Directors Seat 9 election process, please go to https://aso.icann.org/icann-board/icann-board-elections/2021-icann-board-of-directors-seat-9-elections/
 ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) MoU
 ICANN Bylaws:
 ASO AC Operating Procedures
- Submit Your Questions for Candidates in the 2022 ARIN Elections
- Consultation on New ARIN Policy Development Process
- Change to Management of the Trust Anchor Locator (TAL) for ARIN’s RPKI Service
- Results of Consultation on Open Discussion List
- Congratulations to the 2022 ARIN Community Grant Recipients
- Congratulations to the ARIN 50 Selected Fellows
- Availability of the Legacy Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Ending as of 31 December 2023
- New ARIN Registration Services Agreement
- The ARIN Test of the RPKI, Announced on 5 August, Has Been Completed
- NRPM 2022.2 - New Policies Implemented
- » View Archive