2020/21 ICANN Board Seat 9 Elections: Comment Phase Opens
Posted: Monday, 21 December 2020
This announcement is posted on behalf of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC):
In line with the ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and the ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) has issued a call for nominations for Seat 9 of the ICANN Board of Directors.
The selected candidate will serve for a three-year term, which will begin at the conclusion of the ICANN Annual General Assembly during the ICANN 72 Meeting, scheduled from 23-28 October 2021 in Seattle, USA.
Following a call for candidates, the ASO AC is pleased to announce that the following candidates have been nominated (sorted by their first name):
Alan Barrett - https://aso.icann.org/alan-barrett-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Johan Helsingius - https://aso.icann.org/johan-helsingius-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Kemly Camacho Jímenez - https://aso.icann.org/kemly-camacho-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Margarita Valdes - https://aso.icann.org/margarita-valdes-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Nigel Titley - https://aso.icann.org/nigel-titley-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Patrick W. Gilmore - https://aso.icann.org/patrick-w-gilmore-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Peter Thimmesch - https://aso.icann.org/peter-thimmesch-2021-icann-seat-9-nominee/
Ron da Silva - https://aso.icann.org/ron-da-silva-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Sean Kennedy - https://aso.icann.org/sean-kennedy-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
Wafa Zaafouri - https://aso.icann.org/wafa-zaafouri-2021-icann-board-seat-9/
The comment phase will begin on 21 December 2020 and will end at 23.59 UTC on 30 March 2021. Comments can be submitted for candidates by clicking on the link next to their name above and adding a comment to their biography.
Please note that, as per section 9.4.5 of the ASO AC Operating Procedures, all comments will be moderated by the ASO Secretariat prior to being published on the ASO website.
For more information on the ICANN Board of Directors Seat 9 election process, please go to https://aso.icann.org/icann-board/icann-board-elections/2021-icann-board-of-directors-seat-9-elections/
 ICANN Address Supporting Organization (ASO) MoU
 ICANN Bylaws:
 ASO AC Operating Procedures
- Reminder--Upcoming Security Improvements and Change to RDAP Bootstrap URL
- Now Accepting Applications to ARIN's Virtual Fellowship Program for ARIN 47
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2021 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- ARIN 47 to be Held Virtually This April
- Reminder--Upcoming Security Improvements for Whois-RWS, RDAP, and www.arin.net
- 2020/21 ICANN Board Seat 9 Elections: Comment Phase Opens
- ARIN RDAP Bootstrap Server Change of Address
- Enhancements To Organization Create/Organization Recovery
- NRPM 2020.3 - New Policy Implemented
- Security Improvements for Whois-RWS, RDAP, and www.arin.net
- » View Archive