ARIN RDAP Bootstrap Server Change of Address
Posted: Wednesday, 16 December 2020
As previously announced on 21 November 2020, ARIN is changing the address of our Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) bootstrap server from
https://rdap-bootstrap.arin.net/bootstrap. A bootstrap server is used to forward queries from users seeking registration data for Internet resources to another server that can provide more detailed registration information about that resource. The address of the bootstrap server is used in the “query URL” sent from a client application or entered into a command-line query by a user.
ARIN has set up a redirect to automatically route queries from the old URL to the new URL when support for the old URL is ended. The old URL will be retired on 30 June 2021, and the redirect will be active. However, it is important to note we can’t guarantee the redirect will be respected by all clients. In order to avoid any problems, queries should be changed to use the new URL,
https://rdap-bootstrap.arin.net/bootstrap, as soon as possible.
More information about how the bootstrap URL works and this upcoming change can be found on TeamARIN at https://teamarin.net/2020/12/11/buckle-up-change-of-address-coming-for-arins-bootstrap-server/. If you have questions or comments about this change, please submit an Ask ARIN ticket using your ARIN Online account, or contact the Registration Services Help Desk by phone Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET at +1.703.227.0660.
Chief Technology Officer
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
- Volunteer to Serve on the 2024 ARIN Fellowship Selection Committee
- Now Closed — Consultation on Email Template Processor Retirement
- Time is Running Out! The Annual Fee Cap for New LRSA Entrants Expires on 31 December 2023
- ARIN Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Audit and PCI DSS Certification
- ARIN 52 Meeting Report Now Available
- Consultation on Retiring Email Templates
- 2023 ARIN Election Results
- ARIN Board Appoints Kevin Blumberg to NRO NC
- Voting Now Open for the 2023 ARIN Elections
- ARIN 52 Begins Today
- » View Archive